A different idea in defending London from Sea Lion

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Cow:

don’t you need your destroyer to prevent 1 sub purchase, which can prevent your india drop if you don’t have other naval to fire on it?

You can ignore submarines if you have warships with your transports.  So no, India purchasing a submarine (even if there were no Destroyers in range to kill it) would not stop the amphibious portion of the attack.  Furthermore, if all India has is a submarine in SZ 39, it does not even stop the Battleships and Cruisers from performing Shore Bombardments.

• But you could stop the bombardments if you scramble a plane, which you can do against an amphibious assault even if you have no ships in the sea zone.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Vance:

But you could stop the bombardments if you scramble a plane, which you can do against an amphibious assault even if you have no ships in the sea zone.

Yes, so to stop them from negating your bombardments you would have to risk a bomber to hit the airbase.  I don’t recommend that as the bomber is immensly more valuable over a protracted battle than the off chance your two ships even hit once.

• TripleA

Still taking india round 3 must be rough. defense 2 aa guns roughly 15+ guys. offense 21 air with 6 man drop. If he loses india he should get decent TUV kill and china should still be around for a little bit longer.

Plus it is a dead giveaway if all your warships are figs get put down there, which is why ya need your destroyer for a bit. Depending on how you position before you take the islands for your NO.

Jenn, don’t talk to me, you obviously didn’t read the last part of what I said.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m