Why defend Italy when you can defend South france?

• @Violent.copper:

@special Forces… Vailed point, the interceptors would almost definantly would be sent to counter this, so this will not be an end gib strat as intended but it could be used as a delay strat/misdirection reaon* there would need to be ground units(to defend against a itlian landing) and fighters there to intercept….and the sooner they load Gib with fighters the sooner u pull outta south france…if they pull thier interceptors out then the bombers return(most likely from sout italy), it would definantly lock down enemy planes to be permenatly stationed there…which leads me to wish i could change the title, to “slowing down the allies”

It may indeed slow down the Allies. Another option is to wait with bombing Gibraltar (and risk your bombers) until USA is getting close, and then start bombing. Might avoid a lot of planes landing on Gibraltar, since you haven’t showed your cards yet.

One more option (if Italy has transports left) is to actually take Gibraltar (take control over that NB and AB, and block the entrance to the Med). The turn USA takes it back (and they will) they can’t land planes on it. Meaning no interceptors that turn. Then again, UK can still land planes before Italy gets to bomb, so it’s never a sure thing.

• @Jercules:

I3: Attack Spain with your SF ground and whatever else is necessary (transports with sb, planes, etc.)

Also known as the ‘Instant Axis Death Strat’ :D

• @special:

@Violent.copper:

@special Forces… Vailed point, the interceptors would almost definantly would be sent to counter this, so this will not be an end gib strat as intended but it could be used as a delay strat/misdirection reaon* there would need to be ground units(to defend against a itlian landing) and fighters there to intercept….and the sooner they load Gib with fighters the sooner u pull outta south france…if they pull thier interceptors out then the bombers return(most likely from sout italy), it would definantly lock down enemy planes to be permenatly stationed there…which leads me to wish i could change the title, to “slowing down the allies”

It may indeed slow down the Allies. Another option is to wait with bombing Gibraltar (and risk your bombers) until USA is getting close, and then start bombing. Might avoid a lot of planes landing on Gibraltar, since you haven’t showed your cards yet.

One more option (if Italy has transports left) is to actually take Gibraltar (take control over that NB and AB, and block the entrance to the Med). The turn USA takes it back (and they will) they can’t land planes on it. Meaning no interceptors that turn. Then again, UK can still land planes before Italy gets to bomb, so it’s never a sure thing.

If Italy takes gibralter then the US can repair the NB which would go against what copper wants to do.

• @fanofbond:

@special:

@Violent.copper:

If Italy takes gibralter then the US can repair the NB which would go against what copper wants to do.

But US can’t repair anything unless London has fallen.

• I like the bombing of the naval base in Gibraltor.  Makes sense to do it on turn 1 though.  Especially since Italy has the bomber with the new setup.

If Italy bombs Gibraltor on Turn 1, the British have 2 choices.  Leave it bombed since USA isn’t in it yet and spend money elsewhere, or fix it right away and take money away from them.  Either way it’s a good strategy for the Axis.

I will definitely make this part of my plan the next time I play (maybe tomorrow).

Doc

• @special:

@fanofbond:

@special:

@Violent.copper:

How could the US repair the NB if it belongs to a capital-less UK?

• The US would have to take over Gibraltor after the Axis have taken AND the UK doesn’t have a capital at the same time.  That would be the only way.

• Well, i looked and i couldn’t find the falling of UK in the text. So i assumed it hadn’t

• @fanofbond:

@special:

@fanofbond:

@special:

@Violent.copper:

How could the US repair the NB if it belongs to a capital-less UK?

Not. That’s what i said.

But if London has fallen (i didn’t find that fact in the text so i assumed it hadn’t), what the hell is USA doing in Gibraltar instead of helping out UK??

• Gibraltor is the best landing spot when then can enter the war.  From this spot, they can land just about anywhere they want.

UK
    Normandy
    Southern France
    Northern Italy
    Southern Italy
    Denmark
    Western Germany (If UK can take Denmark ahead of them and hold it)
    Norway

With the Naval Base damaged, they can only reach Normandy or Southern France.

Remember, “If you defend everywhere, you defend no where.”

Bombing the Naval Base takes pressure off of the Axis.  Germany will gain another turn not worrying if the US is going to attack Italy or land in UK or Norway or where ever.  They can concentrate on Normandy and Southern France.  Or let Italy defend Southern France and Germany Normandy.

I find it very interesting and will make plans to use this.

Doc

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m