• I need to ask someone since the rules on larry’s site had too much ambiguity.  If russia declares war on japan and attacks a japanese terr (whether boardering Mong or not) then LATER if japan attacks a russian terr boardering Mong, does Mong turn russian?  (basically, russia started the war)

• Official Q&A

@ghr2:

I need to ask someone since the rules on larry’s site had too much ambiguity.  If russia declares war on japan and attacks a japanese terr (whether boardering Mong or not) then LATER if japan attacks a russian terr boardering Mong, does Mong turn russian?  (basically, russia started the war)

It doesn’t matter whether USSR and Japan are at war, or who started it.  What matters is attacks against territories that border Mongolian territories.  If USSR declares war on Japan, but does not attack any Japanese-controlled territories that are adjacent to Mongolian territories, then Japan attacks a USSR-controlled territory that is adjacent to a Mongolian territory, Mongolia will still ally itself with the Soviet Union.

• Right so no effect if the Russians attack Korea, but if they attack manchuria then the Mongolians can never turn Russian.  Likewise, the japanese could attack Siberia or Soviet far east without the Mongolians turning Russian.

• @Krieghund:

@ghr2:

I need to ask someone since the rules on larry’s site had too much ambiguity.  If russia declares war on japan and attacks a japanese terr (whether boardering Mong or not) then LATER if japan attacks a russian terr boardering Mong, does Mong turn russian?  (basically, russia started the war)

It doesn’t matter whether USSR and Japan are at war, or who started it.  What matters is attacks against territories that border Mongolian territories.  If USSR declares war on Japan, but does not attack any Japanese-controlled territories that are adjacent to Mongolian territories, then Japan attacks a USSR-controlled territory that is adjacent to a Mongolian territory, Mongolia will still ally itself with the Soviet Union.

See Ghr2, cut and dry, sweet and simple!  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m