FMGC 2012 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• @Clyde85:

So, decided to come at the last minute, is there a place near by I can crash? or atleast a safe parking lot where I can sleep in my car ? :-D

Well if you really do want to sleep in your car, the lot at the event is as safe as it gets.

Places to crash would be the hotels at Hwy 401 and Stevenson road (about a 10 minute drive south of the event) unless someone can offer you a place at their home.

Hotel info at http://iwillnevergrowup.com/forums in the events section (FMGC2012 FAQ’s)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

YG, SA, + Crew, I think we should play 2 games on the saturday.  One like we planned. And an alternate - with mixed teams/nations :D

I don’t see why we shouldn’t? :P  Counting the minutes here guys…

Looking forward to meeting you Clyde!

• '10

Just visited the 420 Wing and the Tank shed today…  to make sure everything is a GO!!  All good!

This is going to be AWESOME!  Don’t miss it!

• This sounds like it’s going to be alot of fun! What time are you guys fixing to kick this thing off on Saturday? Im wondering if I should head up there Friday, or leave real early Saturday morning? to avoid the hassle I’ll probably just head up Friday afternoon but what’s the deal so I can figure what would work best?

• @Clyde85:

This sounds like it’s going to be alot of fun! What time are you guys fixing to kick this thing off on Saturday? Im wondering if I should head up there Friday, or leave real early Saturday morning? to avoid the hassle I’ll probably just head up Friday afternoon but what’s the deal so I can figure what would work best?

Doors open at 9am both Saturday and Sunday.

• Ok so it looks like i’ll be rolling into town sometime friday night/evening, fun fun  :-)

• I think the icing on the cake would be some U.S.O. music from 41-45 by people like Bing Crosby, Andrew sisters, Glen Miller, and Tommy Dorsey, and etc. if you catch my drift
          Please please please and pretty please

• '10

@suprise:

I think the icing on the cake would be some U.S.O. music from 41-45 by people like Bing Crosby, Andrew sisters, Glen Miller, and Tommy Dorsey, and etc. if you catch my drift
          Please please please and pretty please

Boy do I have a suprise for you!  :-D

Im sure you will not be disapointed with the music or the 1940s theme we have going.

• '12

I have a Euchre banquet to attend Friday so will be driving up from Niagara Saturday morning.   I can bring a large Spring 42 Map 5’x3’ roughly, but probably won’t unless it rains and I have to take the truck rather than sports car.

Games I am bringing:
    Box set 1942
    Box set AA 2nd edition
    Box set Samurai and Swords (Shogun?)  pretty cool game, 2-5 players.  Never managed to finish a game, takes 3-4 hours to play easy plus an hour to setup, cover rules.  I haven’t played in 5 years and only played it a few times.
    Box set Civilization Avolon Hill circa mid 80s.  Used to play it in the mid 80s.  Best with 5-7 players, takes 3-5 hours from what I recall
    Illuminiti original plus expansion 1+2.  2-8 players with 3-6 being best.  Games can be 20 mins to a few hours.

I have yet to sign up for any games.  I only play Spring 42 well, but could be a semi-competent floater/ 2nd/3rd in a team playing a different flavour of AA.  I’m always up for trying a new type of game as long as it is not rule heavy and I’m the only newbie!

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I have a Euchre banquet to attend Friday so will be driving up from Niagara Saturday morning.   I can bring a large Spring 42 Map 5’x3’ roughly, but probably won’t unless it rains and I have to take the truck rather than sports car.

Games I am bringing:
    Box set 1942
    Box set AA 2nd edition
    Box set Samurai and Swords (Shogun?)  pretty cool game, 2-5 players.  Never managed to finish a game, takes 3-4 hours to play easy plus an hour to setup, cover rules.  I haven’t played in 5 years and only played it a few times.
    Box set Civilization Avolon Hill circa mid 80s.  Used to play it in the mid 80s.  Best with 5-7 players, takes 3-5 hours from what I recall
    Illuminiti original plus expansion 1+2.  2-8 players with 3-6 being best.  Games can be 20 mins to a few hours.

I have yet to sign up for any games.  I only play Spring 42 well, but could be a semi-competent floater/ 2nd/3rd in a team playing a different flavour of AA.  I’m always up for trying a new type of game as long as it is not rule heavy and I’m the only newbie!

You can almost definately count me in for a game of Samurai Swords!  I had that when I was a kid (the Shogun version) and it mysteriously disappeared one day.  Never saw it again until I played a few years ago with Jeremy and my brother.

Nobody has really signed up for any games tbh.  There is 1 full Global 1940 game set and possibly a 2nd one.  But beyond that it’s free for all.  lol.

There are a lot of great games available in the FMG Library as well that will be free for all to play.  We will have a shelving unit full of games for everyone to try out if they want.

• I was thinking about bringing Battle Cry if anyone would be interested in playing that

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Can you believe this shit?  I get on the plane in less than 48 hours.  So Stoked!

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Can you believe this sh*t?  I get on the plane in less than 48 hours.  So Stoked!

I was thinking about playing a joke on you by explaining how the convention got cancelled, but that would have been to cruel.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I land at 12:01am EST (but it will be like 9:01pm for me). I’ll probably get to Oshawa by 1am (which is still only 10pm).

1. Who is staying at the Best Western?
    2. Anybody else going to be awake at 1am because of the time difference?

• I’m getting kinda nervous about all this, it’s a 10 hour drive across the US-Canadian border for me. I don’t know why, I’ve been to China a half dozen times and I’m worried about going to Canada, go figure!  :?

• LOL the hard part will be getting back into the US.

• '10

@Clyde85:

I’m getting kinda nervous about all this, it’s a 10 hour drive across the US-Canadian border for me. I don’t know why, I’ve been to China a half dozen times and I’m worried about going to Canada, go figure!  :?

I promise you it will be well worth the drive.  Can’t wait to see you all there!

AAA.org Group photo in front of the Sherman will be a feature of the new FMGC site launched this year.

Just wait to see the pile of DOOR PRIZES that have stacked up.

Regestrations have been flowing in over the past few days.

Im also giving an extra door prize ticket to every FMGC member that visits the TANK Museum…  DOUBLE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING!

• '10

IMPORTANT:  whatever happens…  make sure you are here between 2-3pm on Sat!!!

Bring a jacket or coat…  weather is taking a small dip (Eh… its Canada!)

• Customizer

I’m working until 17:00 ish Friday and then Ray and I are driving up. Should be there around 20:00-21:00. Didn’t book a room yet, figure we’ll grab one when we arrive, then start drinking, heavily. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m