FMGC 2012 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve kicked off the membership drive for 2012. If you would like to donate in person, I’ll take USD cash at the convention.

I’ll actually take some CAD, it’ll save me a trip to the ATM. I’m going to set a limit at $60 CAD, total.

And as long as there is WiFi (as promised) I’ll give you your badge on the spot (as long as I’m not in the middle of a turn).

• '10

CONFIRMED:  COMBAT DICE ELITE being officialy released at FMGC

They will arrive in my office by end of Day TODAY (Talk about cutting it close!)

• Customizer

We’re about 10 minutes away, stopping for a bite off Brock road at Harvey’s. I hope there’s room at the inn!

• Customizer

Checking in at Best Western right now. We’ll be in room 143! Whiskey, beer and hockey!

edit: we are chilling out drinking Jameson and beers in room 143 at the Best Western Durham on Bloor in Oshawa! If you’re in the area stop by!

• I finally made it to the Knights Inn in Oshawa after driving for nearly 12 hours! Tomorrow is going to be epic!

• '10

We just set up the Venue an hour ago…  Can’t wait to meet you all in person.

The Party has begun!!!

• Customizer

Beaut! Can’t wait. Thanks so much brother! It’s like Christmas eve for dice geeks.

• FANTASTIC event everyone!  Thanks to all for coming!

It’s good to know that all the hard work that goes into these things pays off in the end with people having a great time!

Many many thanks to FMG for making this happen, yet again!

And I gotta say, the Tank show … very cool!
    The guys from this forum who all showed up in uniform on Saturday, I tip my hat to you!

Can’t wait for next year!

• Sponsor

Huge success! Congratulations to FMG, IWNGU, the 420 wing, and all the marshals.

You are all hardcore!

• Customizer

AWESOME weekend!!!  Thank you all for coming!  I don’t think we can say that enough!

I also wanted to  send out a BIG thanks to FMG, because if it wasn’t for them, well, their wouldn’t be an FMGC!

Also, thanks to everyone from axisandallies(dot)org that attended!  You guys are a great bunch to know!

See you all next year!

Twistedaries out!

• Customizer

AWESOME weekend!!!  Thank you all for coming!  I don’t think we can say that enough!

I also wanted to  send out a BIG thanks to FMG, because if it wasn’t for them, well, their wouldn’t be an FMGC!

Also, thanks to everyone from axisandallies(dot)org that attended!  You guys are a great bunch to know!

See you all next year!

Twistedaries out!

• '10

It was the best FMGC so far…  Thank you all for coming.  It was a pleasure to meet all of you in the community.

I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the following;

1. My MARSHALS :  Without you this event would never have happened.
    2. djensen  :  Thank you for attending and covering the event.
    3. IWNGU.com  :  Thank you for your support of the event and the prizes you donated
    4. HBG  :  Thank you for the prizes you donated;  they were a big hit!
    5. Makerlight Studios  :  Thank you for your great work on the posters and Media at the Event
    6. ONTR  :  Thank you for letting me command the Sherman and show our guests a great time.
      7)  .org Membership  :  Thank you for coming and enjoying the weekend with us.  It was awsome to meet you and hope to see you again.
    7. Thank you to everyone else I am forgeting at this moment but you know I could not pull this off without you.

Jeremy

• Sponsor

WOW! Last years thread for this event received 2 pages of posts, this year’s convention garnered 15 pages and counting…. so, next year’s FMGC 2013 thread should reach 97 pages.

• '10

@Young:

WOW! Last years thread for this event received 2 pages of posts, this year’s convention garnered 15 pages and counting…. so, next year’s FMGC 2013 thread should reach 97 pages.

Now we have your attention!!!

• '10

I confirm : it was great and we had a lot of fun !!

I didn’t see any disgracious behavior during the week-end (and with gamers, you never know…), nor did i see any stone/drunk/stupid people (btw, i got no problem with drunk people, just with annoying drunk people).

The place was amazing, so was the Sherman tank parade.

Really a great event. Hope we can be more than 60 people next year.

A photo was taken with all the guys costumed : Gargantua was US General, Suprise attack was India/Anzac, Vance was UK, and Clyde85 (with the German uniform) was China and i was Russia. We were holding that huge US flag garg brought for the event. A lady took that photo, and i really hope that photo can be posted in here (it was the only one taken with all 5 of us costumed).

Note : for those of you who wonder (and i know there’s a lot): Gargantua is a really cool and nice guy. About every aa.orger wanted to meet him and have a chat with him at some point during the week-end.

• Sponsor

@Axisplaya:

Note : for those of you who wonder (and i know there’s a lot): Gargantua is a really cool and nice guy. About every aa.orger wanted to meet him and have a chat with him at some point during the week-end.

So, A&A.Org’s villain is really a pussy cat?

• Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

. . .

You weren’t supposed to let the secret out man!

• I guess I’ll take up the villain role!

• '10

@Axisplaya:

I confirm : it was great and we had a lot of fun !!

I didn’t see any disgracious behavior during the week-end (and with gamers, you never know…), nor did i see any stone/drunk/stupid people (btw, i got no problem with drunk people, just with annoying drunk people).

The place was amazing, so was the Sherman tank parade.

Really a great event. Hope we can be more than 60 people next year.

A photo was taken with all the guys costumed : Gargantua was US General, Suprise attack was India/Anzac, Vance was UK, and Clyde85 (with the German uniform) was China and i was Russia. We were holding that huge US flag garg brought for the event. A lady took that photo, and i really hope that photo can be posted in here (it was the only one taken with all 5 of us costumed).

Who has this photo?  PLEASE send me your pictures and video from the Event!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m