• I nephew shot his first deer ever the past weekend, the rifle he used, a old Soviet Era Mosin-Nagant. Thought you guys might like that. I’ll see if I can get a picture.

• I shot my first deer with an old British .303 rifle back when I was a teen. The Rifle had been used in World War 1 and if only I could see what it had gone through, such history…Anyways funny story a while back we went to the shooting range and took the old .303 with us. With iron sites we made the guys next to us jealous and they were using scopes lol. In my arsenal I also own a Japanese Arisaka used in World War 2.

• @molinar13:

I shot my first deer with an old British .303 rifle back when I was a teen. The Rifle had been used in World War 1 and if only I could see what it had gone through, such history…Anyways funny story a while back we went to the shooting range and took the old .303 with us. With iron sites we made the guys next to us jealous and they were using scopes lol. In my arsenal I also own a Japanese Arisaka used in World War 2.

I have an Arisaka 7.5mm, love shooting the rifle. Ammo isn’t cheap for it. I have a old Soviet Era Mosin-Nagant. A Yugo-Mauser 8mm and a Mexican 7mm mauser with all matching serial numbers.

You’re right, these old World War weapons were made very well and usally shoot great.

• I actually collect bolt-actions as a hobby. I have in my collection a Canadian made Enfield (Mk III type 4 I think) from 1944, I have a French MAS-36 both of which are in amazing condition (which is suprising and not suprising when you think about it  :lol: ). I own 3 Mosin-Nagant rifles, two are full sized rifles from 1942 and 1936 (the 36 has a hex shaped reciever intrestingly) and one is an M38 Nagant carbine (my pride and joy the first gun I ever bought). I have 2 K98’s from 1941 and 1943 respectively. I also have a Chinese made Mauser copy from 1937(ish) that looks like an intresting hybrid of the Gewher88 of WW1 and the K98, bit of an oddity but a fun gun to have all the same.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m