G40 League House Rule project

• @JWW’s sub build–not putting a unit in Egy causes its death more often than not.  The long-ranging problems of German tanks running through Africa often causes a VERY quick Russian death, especially when they didn’t receive any of the bid.  That FTR dies what… 65% of the time when it’s unbolstered in Egy?  Just +3 saves its life and moreover the Global Empire bonus (along with Egypt’s +2 bonus and lower Africa’s amnesty against marauding panzers).

ftr nwe/ftr ger to 12 to attempt to take down the surface ships.  clear 2 with your subs and nwy ftr.  Ita fleet’s chances are alright with 10 punch and a free hit against only 8, sneak attacks or not.  Not to mention the allies are risking their entire bid on this and it has a high probability of failure.  If you’re looking for potential brokenness with +12… bmb bry and going bmb against dd in 51 is the way to go, or if you’re looking to build 2 subs with gbr–35 is a good spot.  Japan has a much more difficult time with allied subs than euro.  also sub 6 is a cheap way to deter a german fleet build (thinking of one extremely talented player in general :)).

I wonder if +15 could produce a problem:  Is ‘IC ind’ broken?

Also 19-21 could be absolutely hellish on the European axis.  12-15 could be bad enough.  Above 14–stacking egy could cause problems.  So many good combos… ftr/arm egy, 2 inf art arm egy, and my personal favorite is 3 arm egy.

Darth–I’ll give you +11.

• Terrific analysis, SouL, and I agree pretty much completely.

Decided to wait for someone else to answer JWW’s 2 subs to 12 challenge, and I’m glad I did.

• Updated with a few more G40 results

2012 League standings.xls

• SouL straightens out the rankings a bit, by pounding Dizz and siezing control of spot #5 from him.  :-)

And the Allies take it on the chin (with +11) yet again.

Updated

• Updated

Playoff entrants highlighted (assuming no more results tonight that would change it)

Yoshi
    Tyzoq
    Darth Max
    SouL

I actually got bumped up to the 14+ league.  I’d be fine playing in the regular one but that would sort of be rewriting the rules as we go.  Unless all the other 14+ players didn’t want to play in the playoffs.

Technically it’d be

8-13
    Yoshi
    Tyzoq
    SouL
    JWW

14+
    DM
    OBG
    LL
    DJen

• OBG left the area…

• '10

I just thought I would share my experience with allied bids. I have been playing (losing) with the allies almost exclusively for the last 2 years against quality opponents. The bids have ranged from 6-21. I should preface this with the statement that if the axis has good dice on the first few turns the bid is irrelevant. I’m a firm believer in stacks make might so if you’re awarded a large bid (15+) it probably pays to place all with 1 country (minus an infantry to egypt)  eg 4 infantry to karelia /caucases/ belarus/india or all egypt than spreading them piecemeal. It also depends on your style and should complement your strengths (eg if you play a solid russia and are weaker with coordinating the allies your bid should go to them) I’m not so sure if you should alter your bid based on your opponents style ( in my recent loss to Dutchman I placed my 14 bid soley in Russia even though I know he’s extremely efficient with Japan )  I contained Japan initially by going 70-30 Pacific with Dirk being a little short on land pieces contending with my naval builds but by Rd 7-8 the outcome was clear…I probably needed to go all Pacific so I could go on the offensive there rather than feint but I’m not convinced that would carry the day either. Many players choose 3inf for a 9 bid…probably not enough for a static defense…inf/sub  art/arm may provide better possibilities.

@Yoshi:

OBG left the area…

Right, but technically he qualified. � I wasn’t sure if I should ignore it or not, so I just included him.

• JWW is not interested in the playoffs.

Without OBG, you’re getting down to 3-12 Billy to round out your 4.  LL is 5-10 and dJensen is 4-10.

Just suck it up and play with the big boys, DM  :lol:

@Gamerman01:

JWW is not interested in the playoffs.

Without OBG, you’re getting down to 3-12 Billy to round out your 4.  LL is 5-10 and dJensen is 4-10.

Billy is MIA as well so it’ll be the 4 listed.  LL hasn’t logged on since the 18th so he may be busy as well.  Right now I’ll proceed with both since they are in the rules (people may have played their season based on it.  IE play tons of games.  So I can’t change in the middle of the year).  If they all wish to not participate, then I can play with the others.
    I PM’d the effected players to see if they wish to continue should they make the playoffs.  We’ll see.

I should have left some sort of opt out clause in the rules.

@Gamerman01:

Just suck it up and play with the big boys, DM  :lol:

The trash talker in me would say the Big Boys play more than the minimum amount of games.  Call me when they play 14-15+ games and win 85% of them.   :-D

• Sounds good!

• @Gamerman01:

Decided to wait for someone else to answer JWW’s 2 subs to 12 challenge, and I’m glad I did.

who accepted??

• @Gamerman01:

JWW is not interested in the playoffs.

This is true but I don’t want to let anyone down either. I don’t want an entire bracket to collapse due to me. I’d be happy to give up my spot to the next excited participant. Let me know.

• moving forward…if I play any 41 games I will be playing as the allies. I am sicking of beating everyone up as the axis! It is time for the allies to take a strong stand, with a 12 bid!  :-D

• @JWW:

@Gamerman01:

who accepted??

SouL, by answering it.  I didn’t mean someone played it out with you…  :roll:

• Updated with Ranger v Jensen result - last for 2012?

• @JWW:

@Gamerman01:

who accepted??

I’ll give you 2 subs in 12.  AAA or AABM?  Let me know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m