• just wanted to know how many Italian tanks were in one set of this game

• Customizer

I believe its six.  :wink:

• dang thats so little, i was thinking about picking up a set just for them, but thats not worth it for only 6, thanks for answering my question

• @Lunarwolf:

dang thats so little, i was thinking about picking up a set just for them, but thats not worth it for only 6, thanks for answering my question

There is 1 set for sale on Amazon for $999.99… that would be almost 200 bucks per Italian tank piece :D

• Customizer

You can buy single tanks from HBG.

• @jim010:

You can buy single tanks from HBG.

Not the unique Anniversary edition tanks though.  That’s the only set they came in (6 per game) and HBG definately doesnt have them for sale.  ;)

• BUT … you can buy the new Fieldmarshal Games italian tanks from Historicalboardgaming.com.  Those are better anyway.

• Customizer

FMG’s tanks are the ones I meant.

• TripleA

Just curious, could someone who owns A&A Anniversary post some pics of the Italian tanks? I tried looking online for them, but I couldn’t find any pictures.

• Customizer

@mastermind93:

Just curious, could someone who owns A&A Anniversary post some pics of the Italian tanks? I tried looking online for them, but I couldn’t find any pictures.

I have some painted ones here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20025.45

if it helps  :|

• TripleA

@Viracocha:

@mastermind93:

if it helps  :|

Those are the Italian tanks? Those look a lot like the Japanese tanks. Also, the Artillery look like they’re jap, and the trannies look like they’re from classic. Or did their units actually look like that?

• Customizer

@mastermind93:

@Viracocha:

@mastermind93:

if it helps  :|

Those are the Italian tanks? Those look a lot like the Japanese tanks. Also, the Artillery look like they’re jap, and the trannies look like they’re from classic. Or did their units actually look like that?

Actually, the tank is the Carro Armato 41, yeah, Italian - but with these pieces it does look like the Japanese tank at a glance.  Here’s the pieces as they come with the original set:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/399616/axis-allies-anniversary-edition

And on the following pages there is each nation’s set as it is OOB.

My Italian artillery - yeah, Jap - though a different artillery piece from the Jap artillery in the AA50th (I think the ones I use for the Italians in that edition are closer to looking like the Obice da 75 Modello Guns than the Japanese 92/70mm Howitzer - but not by much), and yeah - the transport is from classic (but it’s closer to the resemblance of an Italian Mantovan Class transport ship than the German Dithmarschen Class). I drew upon a lot of different sets to give my 50th unique sculpts… it was before the fancy ones being put out now.  'Sides, you were just talking about the tanks - which actually are Italian tanks OOB in the 50th.  As Rorschach stated, if you want unique sculpts that are more historically accurate, I suggest you get a set of FMG’s, there’s some fine detail to those.

• TripleA

@Viracocha:

Actually, the tank is the Carro Armato 41, yeah, Italian - but with these pieces it does look like the Japanese tank at a glance.  Here’s the pieces as they come with the original set:

–—link-----

And on the following pages there is each nation’s set as it is OOB.

My Italian artillery - yeah, Jap - though a different artillery piece from the Jap artillery in the AA50th (I think the ones I use for the Italians in that edition are closer to looking like the Obice da 75 Modello Guns than the Japanese 92/70mm Howitzer - but not by much), and yeah - the transport is from classic (but it’s closer to the resemblance of an Italian Mantovan Class transport ship than the German Dithmarschen Class). I drew upon a lot of different sets to give my 50th unique sculpts… it was before the fancy ones being put out now.  'Sides, you were just talking about the tanks - which actually are Italian tanks OOB in the 50th.  As Rorschach stated, if you want unique sculpts that are more historically accurate, I suggest you get a set of FMG’s, there’s some fine detail to those.

Thanks for the clarification. And yes, FMG’s Italian units are pretty cool.

• @Viracocha:

I believe its six.  :wink:

Got five tanks. One bag had the tank missing and an extra autoblinda piece in its place. jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Some other lucky buyer therefore is  getting an extra tank and one less mech.

• I have 22 of the Italian Anniversary Edition tanks - I wheeled and dealed to get those, buying a couple sets on eBay and swapping the tanks with Panthers. I had it in my description that the tanks were different but it didn’t affect resale value one bit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m