Alpha 3 setup changes

• '10

@Young:

You may be saying that you welcome such a move by the UK their first turn, but secretly, your praying to the dice gods.

Nope, i’m openly praying for my oponent to do what you say….
    And i invite you to play a 2-4 rounds game of Alpha 3(latest set up) against my Axis. The point being to explore your early rounds UK play vs my Axis play, not playing a long game (but we could play the entire game if you wish so).

• @Axisplaya:

@Young:

You may be saying that you welcome such a move by the UK their first turn, but secretly, your praying to the dice gods.

Nope, i’m openly praying for my oponent to do what you say….
    And i invite you to play a 2-4 rounds game of Alpha 3(latest set up) against my Axis. The point being to explore your early rounds UK play vs my Axis play, not playing a long game (but we could play the entire game if you wish so).

I appreciate your challenge. However, I am strictly a table top player, so therefore you are right, as I choose not to prove my theory in battle, I forfeit the right to defend it. If you are ever in Toronto, you would be welcome to a demonstration.

• '10

it was not a challenge, or a pissing contest of any sort. Just a friendly proposition to explore early UK rounds positional play. Just an oportunity for one of us (or both) to learn a few things about this wonderful game.  😉

I live in Montreal, so if i know i’m going to be in Toronto for a few days, i’ll sure pm you and try to fix an apointment for a gaming session.

🙂

• @Axisplaya:

it was not a challenge, or a pissing contest of any sort. Just a friendly proposition to explore early UK rounds positional play. Just an oportunity for one of us (or both) to learn a few things about this wonderful game.   😉

I live in Montreal, so if i know i’m going to be in Toronto for a few days, i’ll sure pm you and try to fix an apointment for a gaming session.

🙂

That would be great, you would love my set-up and the beer fridge is always running (after a few cold ones, we could have that pissing contest).

• '12

This is some good stuff… my group play tested the Alpha 3 rules the week they came out, and it was a pretty interesting game.  I appreciate you guys pointing out the additional changes to Alpha 3.  I am looking forward to trying out this new “amended” rule set in the coming weeks.

• @Young:

@Axisplaya:

it was not a challenge, or a pissing contest of any sort. Just a friendly proposition to explore early UK rounds positional play. Just an oportunity for one of us (or both) to learn a few things about this wonderful game.   😉

🙂

That would be great, you would love my set-up and the beer fridge is always running (after a few cold ones, we could have that pissing contest).

That’s damn funny

• I tried that Med strategy that I posted earlier in this thread on Saturday, and it worked great. I caught my opponent by surprise by being so aggressive and it messed up all his plans (what ever they were). I will report later.

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.5m