• @BigBadBruce:

The “liberator” can collect IPC of any territory liberated if the capitol is under ennemy control. As soon as the capitol is freed all “original” territories are return to original owner.

Example 1 : USA don’t collect IPC for France’s or UK’s territory in Africa if Axis never control it before.
    Example 2 : If Paris is liberated, than all French territories under USA/UK/Anzac/Russian control are return to France the moment Paris is free.

……is this a new thing?  :? I thought the rules specifically said that unless the capitol of is free the IPCs for that territory arent collected by the “liberating” force? Dont the new rules go to pains to mention that even IF British Indian forces liberate Egypt from the axis, they still dont get the money for it even if the Axis occupy London?

• You bring another exception… India can never ever collect income from European Theater of war and, likewise, London never collect income from territories in Pacific theater of war.

In clear :

Paris is under Axis control, but Morocco still free, USA don’t collect income from walking in Morocco.
    Paris is under Axis control, USA free Morocco from Axis control, USA put a control maker and collect 1… until Paris is free and therefore remove immediatly USA’s marker control. France will collect income from Morocca at their next turn.

Now about the UK exception.
    London is free, if Egypt is liberated from Axis control than UK(London) will collect income of Egypt at their next turn.
    London is under Axis control. If Egypt is liberated from Axis, that “Alliance Nation” will place its marker and collect income… EXCEPT if it’s UK(Calcutta) as Calcutta never collects from European theater of war, so in that case you don’t place a marker, you just remove the Axis marker from Egypt.

• @Clyde85:

@BigBadBruce:

The “liberator” can collect IPC of any territory liberated if the capitol is under ennemy control. As soon as the capitol is freed all “original” territories are return to original owner.

Example 1 : USA don’t collect IPC for France’s or UK’s territory in Africa if Axis never control it before.
    Example 2 : If Paris is liberated, than all French territories under USA/UK/Anzac/Russian control are return to France the moment Paris is free.

……is this a new thing?  :? I thought the rules specifically said that unless the capitol of is free the IPCs for that territory arent collected by the “liberating” force? Dont the new rules go to pains to mention that even IF British Indian forces liberate Egypt from the axis, they still don’t get the money for it even if the Axis occupy London?

I can’t find anything in Alpha 3 to dispute the OOB Rules, but they say the following:
    If you capture a territory that was originally controlled by another member of your side you ‘liberate’ the territory. You don’t take control of it; instead, the orignal controller regains the territory and the national production level is adjusted. AA Guns, IC’s, AB, and/or NB in that territory revert to the original controller of the territory.
    If the original controller’s (country whose territory you just liberated) capital is in enemy hands at the end of the turn in which you would otherwise have liberated the territory, you capture the territory, adjust your national production level, and you can use any AA Guns, IC’s, AB, and/or NB there until the orignal controller’s capital is liberated. The liberating player can’t use these newly liberated facilities until the player’s next turn.

Sorry if the rule was changed in any of the Alpha’s, just didn’t see anything in A+3, thought this might help.

• Sorry, I fail to see how your post (Carnage) says otherwise than what I posted.

• @BigBadBruce:

Paris is under Axis control, but Morocco still free, USA don’t collect income from walking in Morocco.
    Paris is under Axis control, USA free Morocco from Axis control, USA put a control maker and collect 1… until Paris is free and therefore remove immediatly USA’s marker control. France will collect income from Morocca at their next turn.

I have never heard of this before, ever, is this new? I will still need confirmation from krieghund

• @Clyde85:

@BigBadBruce:

I have never heard of this before, ever, is this new? I will still need confirmation from krieghund

hasn’t this always been like that?

• @Clyde85:

@BigBadBruce:

Then, I suggest you post here : http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24408.0
    Krieghund is quick answering/confirming questions in the “Questions” thread.

• @special:

@Clyde85:

@BigBadBruce:

hasn’t this always been like that?

In AAG40 games yes. Not sure about previous version (classic, AAAE, both 1942’s…)

• @BigBadBruce:

Sorry, I fail to see how your post (Carnage) says otherwise than what I posted.

Sorry mate, didn’t realize I couldn’t respond to something you had? Thought this was one of them there open forums… Sorry if that offends your sense of forum .
    Posting what the rules actually say will probably mean someone doesn’t have to dig out the rule book. I always do if someone hasn’t posted what the rules say. If the rules couldn’t be misconstrued so frequently I wouldn’t have to double check what could be someones opinion of said rule.

C

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Carnage:

@BigBadBruce:

Sorry, I fail to see how your post (Carnage) says otherwise than what I posted.

Sorry mate, didn’t realize I couldn’t respond to something you had? Thought this was one of them there open forums… Sorry if that offends your sense of forum etiquette.
    Posting what the rules actually say will probably mean someone doesn’t have to dig out the rule book. I always do if someone hasn’t posted what the rules say. If the rules couldn’t be misconstrued so frequently I wouldn’t have to double check what could be someones opinion of said rule.

Pretty sure Krieg and Gamerman don’t even need to pull out the rulebooks, I think they have the manuals and alpha rules memorized…complete with telling you where on each page to look.  :roll:

• I wasn’t referring to any posts from a moderator. If Clyde or 3B (just using them as examples) posted something in response to a question I had about Convoy Interdiction I would still double check the answer I received. Because I know I would double check I don’t bother posting questions on here very often. Almost 100% of the time the rules are clear and concise, just have to take the time to read them. I’d have to double check but I don’t think I’ve asked a question that wasn’t about painting my AA Pieces or Strategy related.

C

• With these new rulesets will there be be a new edition printed and redistributed with updated map etc or is it just a new rule set that you have find online??
    Just asking so I know if I have to save some cash.

@TheDefinitiveS:

With these new rulesets will there be be a new edition printed and redistributed with updated map etc or is it just a new rule set that you have find online??
    Just asking so I know if I have to save some cash.

As far as I am aware, there are no map changes so I doubt there will be a reprint in that regard.  I suspect the new sets will sell with the original and alpha rules, much like the classic game came with that insert in later printings.

You should not have to buy a new game to play the new rules.

• Customizer

Why do we keep getting these wierd posts that have nothing to do with Axis & Allies, Alpha +3, etc.?  Are these somehow traveling here from another forum?  Or do these guys just not realize what they are posting or where?

• @knp7765:

Why do we keep getting these wierd posts that have nothing to do with Axis & Allies, Alpha +3, etc.?  Are these somehow traveling here from another forum?  Or do these guys just not realize what they are posting or where?

There seem to be quite some spammy posts today. Thing is, they keep getting weirder in content. :P
    Someone here (was it IL?) was wondering if they were some kind of test-spams (i use the wrong terminology here), to see what gets through. Makes sense if they are, i guess.

@special:

@knp7765:

There seem to be quite some spammy posts today. Thing is, they keep getting weirder in content. :P
    Someone here (was it IL?) was wondering if they were some kind of test-spams (i use the wrong terminology here), to see what gets through. Makes sense if they are, i guess.

No idea.  Removed it. (Posting so peeps coming in later can see the “eh, whats?” and not have to look around to find out what was silly.)

• @domicron:

……

WTF Mate? what was that even about? I couldnt even find something tangentially related to Axis&Allies in that post.

On official bussiness, Jen, are they going to be re-releasing the A&A1940 games as a single entity with a new offical rule book based on the Alpha changes?

@Clyde85:

@domicron:

……

WTF Mate? what was that even about? I couldnt even find something tangentially related to Axis&Allies in that post.

On official bussiness, Jen, are they going to be re-releasing the A&A1940 games as a single entity with a new offical rule book based on the Alpha changes?

Yea, I have no idea who or what he is talking about.  Eh, whatever.

Pushing on….

I would like it if they would release Global as a single box…buying two boxes is annoying!  (One is invariably out of stock!  And you know Murphy!  If two things need to be together to work, they cannot POSSIBLY be shipped together!  ie:  Europe and Pacific need to be together to work as Global 1940, but they currently are not shipped together in the same box!)

• Customizer

I agree that it would be better if both Europe and Pacific were bundled in one neat package with all the maps, country pieces, etc. included.  If anyone just wanted to play Europe by itself, or Pacific by itself, I think they still could.  Won’t the new rules re-print cover theater specific items (like kamikazes and China rules)?
    One problem with this from a marketing point of view though.  If WOTC sold the game as one package of Global 1940, then they would probably have to charge $140-$160.  They could cut a few costs, like not so many IC, Base and AA Gun counters, but there isn’t a lot that is really the same in both games.  There are also plastic chips and dice.  Still, you couldn’t cut too much because you would need almost twice as much for the entire Global game.  Plus with the new rules for AA Guns, you need a lot more of those unless you use chips for the extra.  They could change the packaging some and maybe bring the price down some from the cost of buying each game seperately.  Last I checked Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 were selling for about $80 each.  So, if someone did want the Global game, and WOTC managed to sell that for $140 or so, you could save a little that way.
    However, some people may not be willing to put out $140 or more, but would be more willing to put out $80 for one or the other.  Perhaps they want to try out Europe and see if they like the game.  Then, if they do like it, they can add the Pacific game later, or visa versa.  If they don’t like it, for whatever reason, at least they are only out $80 rather than say $150.
    So, it just seems to me that it would be easier for WOTC to market two $80 games rather than one $140-160 game.  Of course, the ideal solution would be for them to put out Europe and Pacific for $80 each AND put out a new Global game for $140-150.  Then everyone could have their choice.

I think WOTC should offer them seperately as they are now AND for -$20 a box set with both in one box. (Less packing material at least!)

I also think WOTC should offer a metallic set with porcelain enamelled metal pieces…prolly for $899 or more depending on costs.  A “collector’s edition”.  Probably re-release Anniversary in the same mold for $1495.  Bet they would make a KILLING on those!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m