Epic Battle of all time: Cmdr Jennifer vs JamesAleman G40-A3: He hits girls! 8-)

• Hey, hands off my artillery (it is still on the transport in z109. I ain’t letting you shoot it. Unless you sink the fleet) ;)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@JamesAleman:

Hey, hands off my artillery (it is still on the transport in z109. I ain’t letting you shoot it. Unless you sink the fleet) ;)

Sorry, some of your units were outside the sea zone, etc, was trying to get things back in, at least on my map.  If it’s on the tranny, it’s on the tranny…not like I plan to fly over to Ireland and try to kill it with just planes.  (You have to go through Scotland to hit Ireland with ground troops.)

• I was joking about the hands off tone…hence the smiley face

No problem at all, that was just to clarify the position so you were not surprised later. I know we play multiple games, and little text reminders can help when skimming the report.

Regarding air strafes, I have taught many players a hard lesson about landing all units where air can strafe easier than engaging a large fleet. Especially when Japan moves against India or Australia…a simple strafe makes a giant fleet useless for threatening a capital if you catch all the ground forces :) Not standard, but logically sound under those conditions. One game, I strafed 2 inf in CPR and the Japanese expeditionary fleet off Africa was then useless in terms of land conquest.

So yes, I am being gun shy, and tricky if things work as intended. This presents the axis with a few more options should you build and move certain ways, the disadvantage is that the axis have 2 less units to pressure with…(1 in the trn could be on ground + 1 for the space that would be free=2). I have learned to be very detail oriented and thus I seldom rule out even the absurd. The absurd moves have actually helped a few times, cause they are unexpected.

Example, Italians in Scotland-lol I bet I am the first person you have played to present this option…granted you drove Italy to extremes based on an excellent shutdown turn 1. [patting your back] So now they are desperate and disorganized ;)

No, it’s not the first time.  I landed Italians in London against Mollari.  He had killed off the German fleet and run the Italians out to Gibraltar.  He completely forgot about the Strategic and the units in Gibraltar so, unconventional Sea Lion, but Sea Lion none-the-less!

Yes, normally I see people unload the transports.  However, you are less more units than you might think.  You have units in Ireland, so you have to bring those over by transport as well, if you want them in London. :P

Not sure if you’ll be able to pull off Sea Lion.  But it’s certainly worth the effort to encourage the creation of Home Guard units, no?

• I am not convinced that Sea lion is good or bad, nor that I have to capture London, sometimes, the distraction can be a justification. Just seeing what develops. I will post Japan, just finishing up online classes today, I have finals Monday and Tuesday, I should post Japan tonight if I finish early, or tomorrow morning.

@JamesAleman:

I am not convinced that Sea lion is good or bad, nor that I have to capture London, sometimes, the distraction can be a justification. Just seeing what develops. I will post Japan, just finishing up online classes today, I have finals Monday and Tuesday, I should post Japan tonight if I finish early, or tomorrow morning.

Agreed.  The threat is sometimes better than the act.

Take your time.  Pass your classes, this is a game, it is less important.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6492&start=56

Page 8.

Last Post

Red Text:

You roll all damage and sum up all dice under the value of 3 (or at 3.)

So if you roll for 2 submarines and get 1, 1, 6, 3, then your submarines did 5 damage total in the convoy zone.

• nuts

@JamesAleman:

nuts

I know, right?  Much more powerful!  3 Submarines, could, do 18 Damage! (Since if you roll a 4 or higher you do zero damage.)

• I’ll be finishing up my finals today, this new understanding of the convoy change is kind of leaving me out in the breeze, I shall proceed with my plans, although I’ll be more vulnerable then I imagined. Live and learn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m