How best to deal with germany BB and Tranny in med

• I am new to the 42 version and I am wondering if Russia should buy to take out germany ships turn 2, or have UK take it out later with plane buys? Anyone Good please I am looking for some good advice as what to do against this fleet.

• Russia really needs its money for buying land (and air) units, so it is best to let UK or USA take care of that.
    Even the cheapest naval vessel is still 2 land units, which would be 2 extra defenders against 2 units Germany could send over water. And those units stay useful, whereas a Russian ship wouldn’t serve any further purpose.

Also i think it is best to take the BB out with not only air (if you can spare a sub with UK you can do a sub+air attack on the BB, then you don’t need to sacrifice expensive and valuable air units. But buying a sub (or 2) will probably trigger Germany to build a DD there (that’s ok, is less land units against Russia). If you do it planes-only, be sure to send enough, that BB shouldn’t fire back more than once…

If USA takes on the job, even better: they can build a good fleet and send it all over. Of course that takes a few turns more…

Edit: if you let UK do this job, and you decide not to take out the Japanese transport in SZ59, then you can send the Indian fleet to SZ15, land an extra fighter on the carrier. This is not without risk.
    Next turn you can attack with them + the UK bomber.
    You could even buy a new bomber turn 1 and attack with 2 bombers in turn 2, sending them to the Middle East after this Med mission, to help out India later on…

• thanks for the advice. I guess I always was told to buy a sub or a plane with russia and take out german fleet on russia’s R2. Isn’t taking it out before it has a chance to offload 2 or 3 shucks worth of men into africa good thing though? How would you respond as germany if you saw a russia player build a sub or a plane turn 1 and put the plane in caucus? would you build all ground instead of bomber? since russia is more than likely going to be down a plane at least? Or in the case of the sub 2 infantry and possibly a plane.

• Buy a carrier in the first Uk turn (aka Uk1)and put it either in Sz2 or Sz8,land 2 Us fighters on it on Us1,move the carrier in Sz12 in Uk2 and use the 2 fighters and the bomber in Us2 to kill the fleet in the Med.

• '12

England can also build a bomber on UK1 and position a fighter and bomber in FEq after using them to counter attack Egy.

The new bomber has to land in Trj, so obviously, take it as a casualty.  2 bombers and a fighter ought to end the german fun in the Med.

You can also put both brit fighters from eng in Wru, they too can reach where the german fleet will probably be in S15.  They would have to also land in Trj, if Japan has positioned herself well, Trj might be subject to 2 land unit, BB and air supported attack by the japs.

British air units in Cau are a great way to keep the Japs honest and forcing them to go in Sz34 with much force if at all.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

England can also build a bomber on UK1 and position a fighter and bomber in FEq after using them to counter attack Egy.

The new bomber has to land in Trj, so obviously, take it as a casualty.  2 bombers and a fighter ought to end the german fun in the Med.

You can also put both brit fighters from eng in Wru, they too can reach where the german fleet will probably be in S15.  They would have to also land in Trj, if Japan has positioned herself well, Trj might be subject to 2 land unit, BB and air supported attack by the japs.

British air units in Cau are a great way to keep the Japs honest and forcing them to go in Sz34 with much force if at all.

Indeed,Uk2 ftr and bmb can do the job just as well.But I still haven t found a way to prevent the G2 landing.Only a risky Uk1 ftr+bmb,but it is soo risky…If only Uk had a sub in the Med!!

• @Advosan:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Indeed,Uk2 ftr and bmb can do the job just as well.But I still haven t found a way to prevent the G2 landing.Only a risky Uk1 ftr+bmb,but it is soo risky…If only Uk had a sub in the Med!!

There are only two ways to sink the German bb in med before R2. The risky UK fig plus bmb operation that may terribly backfire, or the Russian figs plus subs if you buy them. Hence most people learn to live with the second round german landing and try to prevent only the third round landing: well organized UK or US air will do.

• Do you mean a landing in Caucasus? Or landings around the med in general?

Neither should really be a big problem, Caucasus should be covered (over land) by taking (and retaking) Ukraine (and W.Russia) as Russia. Land your planes in Caucasus and build enough units there to be sure.
    Landings in Africa / Middle East are abit of a pain, but should be fixable in a few turns with some US help (and those are germans not going to Russia)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m