• As long as you share the units with me!  :wink:

• Customizer

Orizen,

OK,…It’s a Deal.

• Customizer

Has anyone suggested HBG make the Breda Type 61 halftrack for the Italians?

• Customizer

@Viracocha:

[/quote
    They went with the Autoblinda 41 armored car instead.  That represents the Mech Inf piece for Italy.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@Viracocha:

[/quote
    They went with the Autoblinda 41 armored car instead.  That represents the Mech Inf piece for Italy.
    [/quote]

I know FMG did and it represents the Mech Inf… this is a thread for HBG.  Since they are doing the supplementary units, wondered if they’d considered doing a halftrack for the Italians.

• I agree I would like to see.

Navel bases

Air bases

AA Guns (country colored since Alpha +3 makes them an actual unit)

Minor factories

Major factories

Victory cities

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Just going through my old sets and noticed that the xeno games version had country specific colours for factories and aa guns, factories slightly different mold so could pass as a minor……
    But, yes we would like  some new ones.  :-)

• @dangermouse650:

Just going through my old sets and noticed that the xeno games version had country specific colours for factories and aa guns, factories slightly different mold so could pass as a minor……
    But, yes we would like  some new ones.   :-)

I took all my old Xeno factories, painted them grey to match the OOB factories and use them as minor factories.  I also printed small stickers to place on both sizes to further distinquish them as major and minor.

• What color should the factories and extra units be molded in?

• Customizer

OOB Facility Grey.

• Customizer

Yes,

OOB Grey is the ONLY color that we NEED.

I fully intend on painting and decalling mine for the individual countries.  But to request these units to be produced in country-specific colors would be COMPLETELY WASTEFUL of precious capital needed to produce other units, too.  It would multiply the cost of production by 9 or 10 times the cost of producing them in only the Grey color.

Personally,…I would much rather have this very important “Bases, Facilities, and Fortifications Set” produced in a generic Grey and put any other monies into MORE COMBAT UNITS.  Think about it.

“Tall Paul”

• '10

also Fleet Cards are needed

• '12

@Tall:

Yes,

OOB Grey is the ONLY color that we NEED.

I fully intend on painting and decalling mine for the individual countries.  But to request these units to be produced in country-specific colors would be COMPLETELY WASTEFUL of precious capital needed to produce other units, too.  It would multiply the cost of production by 9 or 10 times the cost of producing them in only the Grey color.

Personally,…I would much rather have this very important “Bases, Facilities, and Fortifications Set” produced in a generic Grey and put any other monies into MORE COMBAT UNITS.  Think about it.

“Tall Paul”

Completely agreed - anything that changes sides as its captured should be a generic color anyway IMHO.  Plus as you said, it speeds up production and limits the cost - cheaper and faster for us!

• Count me in as agreeing with grey being the only color needed for facilities.
    I’ve seen some factories beautifully painted in their nations colors, but that should be left up to individuals to do if they wish.

Grey is the way to go IMO.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@Orizen:

Grey is the way to go IMO.

Ditto

J.  8-)

• Customizer

I have said this all along.  Anything that can be captured by an enemy needs to be a relatively neutral color that all nations can use.  I really don’t understand why anyone would want country specific colored ICs, airbases or naval bases, unless they just think it looks better on the board.  The same should go for stuff like fortifications, bunkers, pillboxes, etc.
    With the new rules regarding AA guns, I could understand people wanting those in country specific colors.  However, since FMG has already started 3 countries WITHOUT an AA gun, they will have to go on the Commons Set and be a neutral light grey like the facilities.

• I completely agree with you on that KNP. IC’s should all be the same colour. AA guns could now be coloured since they can be taken as a casualty.

• What I said originally was to have only AA guns be colored since they can be a casualty.

I agree everything else should be a neutral color.

• Customizer

All,

I completely agree that this “Bases/Facilities/Fortifications Set” should ONLY BE PRODUCED IN OOB GREY.  Anything more would be extremely wasteful of production capital.

–-------------------------------

I plan to paint/decal my factories MYSELF for the purposes of identification and good looks.  It might not seem very obvious, but it helps to immediately identify a factory’s owner through paint/decals.

On a large gameboard, mine is 48" x 108 “(I considerred 60” x 135") any visual clue really helps when you’re playing multiple countries.  Also, they look really cool with some I-94 decals and a custom paint job.  It also gives any player a little extra satisfaction whenever he takes over a factory to replace it with one his own colors/insignia.  These are just my opinions, not for everyone I’m sure.

---------------------------------

But,… as I think I was the 1st person to say so, I still TOTALLY AGREE that this set should only be produced as a “GENERIC SET” and OOB GREY in color.

“Tall Paul”

• So say we all.
    :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m