• The movie came out last month and seemed to do fairly well at the box office. Did anyone see it and if so what are your thoughts on the movie? I saw it after watching the 2001 Tim Burton movie and the first four original movies. I liked the new one but still prefer the originals from the 60s and 70s. The special effects are better now than they were in the originals and the social topics discussed are different but I preferred the original story line. It was much closer to the book. The new one did a good job with explaining how the apes became like humans and how they will take over the planet. Nice gap filler. I am curious to see how they handle the next one.

• Sponsor

I watched it and liked it, very entertaining and a good explanation type prequel to an otherwise unlikely plot line from the original. The true test will be the next one, and I am hoping that it falls in line with the same popular success enjoyed by Batman begins and the dark knight.

• Best movie I saw all summer.

• @frimmel:

Best movie I saw all summer.

I second that.

• I was a fan of the original movies, even the marky mark redo wasn’t too bad.  I just hate movies where humans are the bad guys.  I am not a racist, sexist… or any other kind of “ist” except I am a rabid speciesist.  I am partial to my own species, sue me.

Or better put from Charlton Heston “Get your paws off me you DAMN DIRTY APE!”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m with you Zooey.  We should kill ALL animals on earth, so as to prevent them from becoming intelligent.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

I’m with you Zooey.  We should kill ALL animals on earth, so as to prevent them from becoming intelligent.

If it were anyone else, I would assume that your comment was a sarcastic. You inglorious evil basterd.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m