• If you can defeat France on 1 and take out Yugoslavia  grab the two pro Axis countries your doing good (standard opening move)  Then it all boils down to how to deal with Russia and the U.K.  If you can keep the Royal Navy out of the game with the German Navy and Air Force then why wait to take on Russia, the objective VS the $ for conquered territories.  It almost seems like its back to basics like the original and at that point when do you attack with Japan. to me its when can you take Pearl Harbor and Manila….and if you can get the Aleutian Islands GREAT!
      I have been the Allies the last few games and the Axis have gone on 2 in all the games since Ive had Germany. When I was Germany I was going Sea Lion on 3 and 4 but I think I’ll surprise them next time and try Russia on 1 …  time to set up the board and do some planning.
      I have to hit with force ( odds in my favor ) so I can eliminate as much as I can on the first set of rolls
        BARBAROSSA ON 1

• I have done the G1 barbarossa in a forum game, we are now in round 6 just after italy moved. Sadly my opponent has not showed up from more than 6 weeks so I cant go on. I play OOB btw.

On G1 I cleared only the sea zones containing british destroyers so I can deny ussr NO with a sub for at least 2 turns. Also cleared eastern poland and baltic states, that’s 6 less russian inf and he can’t really counterattack safely anyway. Bought only inf round 1 after that I bought only tanks until round 5 where I also bought tacs. Turned out to give really good results

I was on moscow’s door turn 5 and I was there to stay. I also lost norway to americans turn 5 but I really don’t mind since Italy has bought only inf since turn 1 so I can defend myself and they can’t enter baltic sea. Japan is also sending 6 planes to europe next turn. Remember this is OOB so americans can build a major in norway.

Here is the link for the game if you want to see it http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23775.0

I also attached the most recent map

jeremus_v_mudge_OOB_06f_I.AAM

• @Jeremus:

I also lost norway to americans turn 5 but I really don’t mind since Italy has bought only inf since turn 1 so I can defend myself and they can’t enter baltic sea. Japan is also sending 6 planes to europe next turn. Remember this is OOB so americans can build a major in norway.

In OOB allowing USA to build (and keep) a major IC in Norway is something you should worry about.It’s bringing the strongest player close to the action!

Also don’t forget with a Norway IC, they can just build ships straight in the Baltic Sea.

• And this is why I play alpha rules,  if usa gets a major anywhere off north America it’s game over.  Another good one is to take the American transport in the phillipenes and run it to Persia to build an ic.  Alpha rules remove the gamebreakers.

• If you are well defended in europe, I don’t think usa with a major in norway is a game ender. By the time they set up a fleet in the baltic sea and ready to land, your infantry stack should be quite large. In my case, the americans will be able to start landing from norway at turn 8 probably if they put everything there, but if they do so japan will become unstoppable and make more money than usa. Also on turn 8, my japan will conquer south africa or even better egypt if my opponent makes the mistake of liberating egypt from italians. So the axis will also have a superpower in the europe side of the board.

Germany will hold in my case.

• @Jeremus:

If you are well defended in europe, I don’t think usa with a major in norway is a game ender. By the time they set up a fleet in the baltic sea and ready to land, your infantry stack should be quite large. In my case, the americans will be able to start landing from norway at turn 8 probably if they put everything there, but if they do so japan will become unstoppable and make more money than usa. Also on turn 8, my japan will conquer south africa or even better egypt if my opponent makes the mistake of liberating egypt from italians. So the axis will also have a superpower in the europe side of the board.

Germany will hold in my case.

Liberating Egypt is not a mistake. Losing it afterwards is.

USA doesn’t need to spend all on Norway, on the contrary. The threat of landings alone is already a good thing. They can even go over land with relatively cheap units, over Finland into Russia to help them out.

Keeping London and Egypt (or taking it back) is of course of major importance for the Allies, and unless London has fallen, UK should be ashamed if it loses S.Africa to Japan!

• In my case UK liberating egypt would be a blessing from the gods because there is no way japan cant retake it afterward on turn 8. Japan will land 10 units on turn 8 anywhere on the east coast of africa. If egypt is in uk’s hands, both south africa and egypt will be japanese.

I acknowledge the threat of america landing anywhere is big, but to achieve that they will need to build a fleet in the baltic sea strong enough to repell both the luftwaffe and the 6 japanese planes wich will be in europe on turn 7. This will take time and money. They can’t enter their already built fleet since they can’t hold denmark. The only thing that scares me is if they decide to go in ussr with a lot of tank/mech. This will force me to put a lot of forces in leningrad, but then again the japanese planes can be used for the purpose of keeping leningrad.

I personnaly feel that G1 barbarossa is the way to go in OOB (I won’t play any newer version since my friends wont acknowledge they exist until it’s on the official wizard of the coast website)

• @Jeremus:

In my case UK liberating egypt would be a blessing from the gods because there is no way japan cant retake it afterward on turn 8. Japan will land 10 units on turn 8 anywhere on the east coast of africa. If egypt is in uk’s hands, both south africa and egypt will be japanese.

I acknowledge the threat of america landing anywhere is big, but to achieve that they will need to build a fleet in the baltic sea strong enough to repell both the luftwaffe and the 6 japanese planes wich will be in europe on turn 7. This will take time and money. They can’t enter their already built fleet since they can’t hold denmark.

By the sound of it, Axis have indeed won the game to an extent that a Norway IC won’t change much anymore (Russia and India fallen and not much US presence in the Pacific?)

The only thing that scares me is if they decide to go in ussr with a lot of tank/mech. This will force me to put a lot of forces in leningrad, but then again the japanese planes can be used for the purpose of keeping leningrad.

Sending land units from Norway is what i would do as well (long term thinking), while moving the Atlantic fleet South to the Med to help out the UK and keep Italy small (if UK can grab Denmark the US fleet could enter the Baltic Sea, but… that might become their grave as well.
    Also keep in mind that the USA fleet might follow the Nordic sea route and land somewhere from SZ127

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m