• Sponsor

I’m playing UK/ANZAC tomorrow, any suggestions or advice.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I like to take Celebes with the British, Java with the ANZAC,  on the first turn.

That means I can still get sumatra, and be as far as possible from the Japanese by UK 2.

I also always leave SOMETHING, 1 inf usually, on the islandss that i take, just to force the Japanese to fight for them, because sometimes they lose! LOL. And they don’t like that.

Also, consider building a transport in ANZAC  on A1 or A2, and taking the guy from New Zealand, to BRAZIL.

That extra $2 for the remainder of the game, can really make a difference, and so can a few extra common wealth troops in africa,  or returning reinforcements later.

Anzac should also build alot of MEN, early, because if you don’t, you are at significant risk of losing Australia.  That said, sometimes on A2 I build a minor in Queensland….  often enough I make enough coin to make 4 to 6 infantry.  You’re going to need them… and when you start getting organized enough to put ships in the water… you’re going to want them off the coast of Queensland and not Sydney.

Another thing… I like to fight for the Allied UK - Have all your territories NO.  Sometimes that means peeling off the India transport, to go and fight Italian units in Africa.

You always end up stiffing them for $2, which, is 20% of their income at the time, And if you hammer their navy early, Italy is more or less BROKE for the game.

Once Italy is out like said light.  Germany is much easier to handle as the UK alone.

• '10

I think Allies should take full advantage of the new DEI NO for India. So, they should threaten to DOW Japan on UK2 while India will be making a whooping 34 IPC on UK2 if Japan doesn’t attack J2.

UK1 you take Celeb or Sum and Uk2 the other one if your tr is still there while of course Anzac take Java on A1.
    Personally, i prefer Sumatra than Celeb on Uk1 (more IPC, and it’s always more difficult for Japan to take Sum than Cel if they are defended).

Also, send the battleship to Queensland, that way it’ll survive.

And yes, look to attack the Japanese BEFORE they attack you.  Especially if you are going to benefit immensley from this on UK2.

Attack on UK3 regardless.

• Sponsor

As far as the UKs role, what should it be?

1. Take Denmark/Norway and open up the Baltic sea
    2. Land in Normandy and liberate France
    3. Land in Russia and help defend Moscow
    4. Hold back Italy and try to take Rome
    5. Keep all original territories
    6. Build an Industrial Complex
    7. Take all or most of the Dutch Islands
    8. Defend Defend Defend Calcutta
    9. Defend Defend Defend London
    10. All of the above

• About ANZAC,

Team up with the USA:

If you play OOB, where ANZAC playes before USA, send a destroyer and or sub and a few planes to Hawai, so they can destroy japanese blockers in SZ16 (clearing the path to SZ6 for the US fleet), or force Japan to send more than they want to to block the US fleet.

In Alpha, where USA plays first, you can send a full transport along, or land some planes on a US carrier, this opens some interesting possibilities.
    (for example, they can land on islands just taken by USA, giving extra defence there)

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Young:

As far as the UKs role, what should it be?

1. Take Denmark/Norway and open up the Baltic sea
    2. Land in Normandy and liberate France
    3. Land in Russia and help defend Moscow
    4. Hold back Italy and try to take Rome
    5. Keep all original territories
    6. Build an Industrial Complex
    7. Take all or most of the Dutch Islands
    8. Defend Defend Defend Calcutta
    9. Defend Defend Defend London
    10. All of the above

All good stuff but you need to prioritize.

UK (If Japan does not attack)

1. Take persia or Ethiopia (Egypt transport)
    2. Take Celebes
    3. Build in Europe with troops, perhaps 1 fighter in England or a destroyer in Canada (depending on what Germany did).
    4. Build in India with troops
    5. Need to assess naval strength and decide whether how want to deal with Med (depends on G1)

Declare war on Japan UK2

I think harassing Norway with UK is way to go (worth a ton for Germany) and try to minimize damage done by German subs. Attacking France is for much later.

Anzac

1. Provide manpower to take Islands, wait for right time

2. Survive, get NOs

3. Get Java

4. Declare war on Japan in round 2.

• I like to cripple Italy as fast as possible.
    So I prefer to attack Ethiopia with the Indian transport instead of taken the DEI.
    Apart from that, I agree with the above  8-)

• An alternative choice (in case you wish to quickly beef up ANZAC) is for India to take Dutch new Guinea (+10 IPC in NO’s for ANZAC) and then let ANZAC take Java (+4IPC), giving them 24 IPC’s after their first turn.

(haven’t actually done it myself yet)

Edit/correction: Anzac only gets those NO’s when they are at war, so they’ll declare war themself…

• @special:

An alternative choice (in case you wish to quickly beef up ANZAC) is for India to take Dutch new Guinea (+10 IPC in NO’s for ANZAC) and then let ANZAC take Java (+4IPC), giving them 24 IPC’s after their first turn.

NO is only worth 5, and only starts when at war?

• @Frontovik:

@special:

An alternative choice (in case you wish to quickly beef up ANZAC) is for India to take Dutch new Guinea (+10 IPC in NO’s for ANZAC) and then let ANZAC take Java (+4IPC), giving them 24 IPC’s after their first turn.

NO is only worth 5, and only starts when at war?

I think when he said after their first turn he meant the 2nd turn and following. I agree with you though, it is more proper to say 'after their second turn" as income is collected at the end of, or ‘after,’ their turn.

• yes, i meant their income went up so they collect 24 IPC’s at the end of their turn.

@Frontovik: i meant 10 IPC’s because 2 NO’s are fullfilled (original territories + that island group)

edit: but yes, they need to be at war to collect it, i overlooked  that. Damn :P

ANZAC
    When ANZAC Is at War with Japan:
    • 5 IPCs if an Allied power controls Malaya and ANZAC controls all of its original territories. Theme: Malaya considered strategic cornerstone to Far East British Empire.
    • 5 IPCs if the Allies (not including the Dutch) control Dutch New Guinea, New Guinea, New Britain, and the Solomon Islands. Theme: Strategic outer defense perimeter.

In theory, if UK/ANZAC declare war, they can have these NO’s, but the chance that this is worth it, is pretty small. And if Japan has declared war, they probably have take New Guinea or New Britain…

• I’m a big fan of doing damage to Italy early on and basicly keeping them from accomplishing anything meaningful. In Alpha 3 this is accomplished namely by trading navy’s in the med. I brought the cruiser and transport from India to Africa to facilitate amphibious assults on Italian territores on the eastern coast.

My buys for turn 1 Europe almost always include a transport (placed in South Africa to bring my Infantry up the coast), 1 in New Brunswick (shift material from Canada to the UK, but this will depend on U-Boat positions) and a Minor IC for Egypt (implications of this should be obvious). I’ve never lost Egypt to Italy so I don’t think this is a huge risk.

The only real danger to this strategy of focusing on the Med is if Germany takes Southern France, with that Minor IC they can do what I’ve done and place ships directly in the med. Because Germany is such a power house they can (and likely will) obliterate the RN there. You’ll certainly lose Gibratler and likely Malta as well.

For England I generally end up trading navy’s with Germany as well, after Germany has gone and you’ve taken the usual losses to shipping it’s simply too dangerous to leave the German Battleship and Crusier (can’t recall if it’s a cruiser or not offhand) laying around and they must be attacked. I haven’t found a way around doing this yet. With the destruction of Germany’s surface fleet you arn’t under serious threat from Sea Lion until Germany’s 3rd turn.

In the Pacfic I keep the ANZAC island hopping and use them to harass the islands Japan leaves lightly defended. I generally also use them to take Brazil. I never thought of using ANZAC fighters to land on US Carriers (can’t happen until the US enters the war) but I think it deserves some thought. Generally they end up used in an attempt to contain the Imperial Navy.

Hope this was helpful and offered some ideas. I’m open to any critiisms/thoughts on this strategy, always looking to build on my game.

C

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m