• @shadowguidex:

If Germany declares on USA, then the convoy damage happens and USA is at war with Germany.  They can choose to go to war with Japan and Italy at the start of their combat movement round.  Japan in this strat would already have declared on USA so they would be at war.  Only Italy would be left NOT in a state of war with USA.

Germany can NCM their subs into z101 if they are at war with USA, legal move.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but that is something in the rules that has been bugging me for a long time: why does USA have the choice to NOT declare war on certain Axis powers? Choice is great but in this case, what is the point?

That makes no sense, is there any reason why USA would delay it?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Omega1759:

@shadowguidex:

If Germany declares on USA, then the convoy damage happens and USA is at war with Germany.  They can choose to go to war with Japan and Italy at the start of their combat movement round.  Japan in this strat would already have declared on USA so they would be at war.  Only Italy would be left NOT in a state of war with USA.

To me, if Germany attacks the US, I would think the Russian player would move everything down to Amur on its turn to dare the Japanese (knowing that Japan will need to strike elsewhere). Still not convinced about the G1 move against the US…

I kind of like to send the tactical bomber out towards Amur (getting to whereever I have the stack of infantry) because it gives me counter attack potential, not to mention, if left alone, now I am threatening any transports left in SZ 6.

@special:

@shadowguidex:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but that is something in the rules that has been bugging me for a long time: why does USA have the choice to NOT declare war on certain Axis powers? Choice is great but in this case, what is the point?

So that America may ignore Italy’s ships and hit the Germans cowering behind them.

• @Cmdr:

@special:

@shadowguidex:

So that America may ignore Italy’s ships and hit the Germans cowering behind them.

Sounds like a very exceptional situation, but yeah, valid point. Thanks.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

That, or maybe you convinced your wife to play, and she lotteried the Italians…

@Gargantua:

That, or maybe you convinced your wife to play, and she lotteried the Italians…

If I could convince my husband to play, I’m pretty sure it would tear the fabric of space and time!  “I don’t play with toys! I’m in the NAVY” he says…

LOL YOUR HUSBAND IS A PUDDLE PIRATE!

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Gargantua:

Lake Michigan…

@Omega1759:

@Gargantua:

Lake Michigan…

At least he doesnt have to commute to Jackson Naval anymore! (Florida).

• Gargantua, or anyone else,

For the games where you win as the Axis because of economic superiority, how long does it normally take you to reach a rough parity with the Allies for income?  Round 6 or 7?  Latter than that?  I’m just wondering.

Well it depends.

Usually, I would say on Average, if you haven’t reached “stable” relative parity by round 7… you’re in trouble.

You should be reaching for it around round 5, holding it by round 6, and trying to keep it round 7 and onwards.

Then it’s all about a SLOW push into Russia with the Germans,  Keeping the DEI with Japan, blitzing off China, draining Russia, and survivng America,  and trying to split the Americ an Income into both theatres.

You can make $20 LESS than the allies a turn, and it’s not a big deal, IF the allies have a sense of urgency, and are giving up transports, to take territories, and try and mess with you as quickly as possible.

THE GREATEST THREAT to the Axis Economic parity game, is the loss of the mediterranean,  via Gibraltar, Morocco, etc, etc.  Make sure you have a plan in place, to cock block the yanks, and brits, and cause as many problems as possible.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m