• Thank you all for the help. It is very much appreciated, and I got most of the information that I needed. However, I would also like to know one more thing from the experts: in a game with the more skilled players as the Axis, and the rest as Allies, (both sides having prior experience), about how often should the Allies win, using OOB?

• So I’ve been playing more AAE40 and have come to realize that Sea Lion is way too easy, as was mentioned by Gargantua.  UK built all infantry turns 1 & 2 but by G3 Germany had 6 transports, 6 inf/art, 1 strat bomber, 4 tact bombers, 4 fighters.  They took it no problem and the US (preparing for Germany to do sealion) still could not take it back effectively within 2 turns at LEAST.

So I looked up the Alpha 3 rules and correct me if I’m wrong but the new AA rule allows you to roll 3 dice for each AA gun at the start of the battle now?  And you are allowed to have multiple “useable” AA guns on the same territory?  Thank you

• Yes.  For example, I believe the UK starts with 4 in London.

• In our group we’ll have a person get on a roll where they’ll win like 5 or 10 games in a row regardless of what country they are (France doesnt count) and then it will shift to some one else and then their the one to beat
      Also play your dice if it seems that your rolling nothing but 5 & 6’s buy Technologies  or play the Naval Mini’s

• Forgive me if it’s been stated but I wanted some quick clarification.  Are the Alpha 3 rules supposed to supplement what’s been stated in Alpha 2 or are they their own rule set?  In other words, should I be referencing both Alpha 2 AND 3 when playing?  I know Krieg mentioned that these are for global, but I really prefer Alpha 3’s rules over the OOB.  Thank you.

EDIT: I also noticed that the US no longer has the NO of +30 IPCs in wartime.  Is this a mistake?

• '16 Customizer

@wwestpro:

EDIT: I also noticed that the US no longer has the NO of +30 IPCs in wartime.  Is this a mistake?

Yes, I would like to know the answer too… I often feel that the US are overpowered and it would be interesting to see what would happen without the 30 IPCs.

• @Spitfire38:

@wwestpro:

Yes, I would like to know the answer too… I often feel that the US are overpowered and it would be interesting to see what would happen without the 30 IPCs.

they get less. i think US on average gets 50 in these games, 15 from boni, 35 from start?

• '16 Customizer

So the official rules for alpha +3 take out the 30 IPC bonus? so just original income + NOs?

• @Spitfire38:

So the official rules for alpha +3 take out the 30 IPC bonus? so just original income + NOs?

Yes, but in general, the US will still get at least 20 IPCs from their national objectives, unless the Japanese make specific efforts to cripple the US income.
    @wwestpro:

Forgive me if it’s been stated but I wanted some quick clarification.  Are the Alpha 3 rules supposed to supplement what’s been stated in Alpha 2 or are they their own rule set?  In other words, should I be referencing both Alpha 2 AND 3 when playing?  I know Krieg mentioned that these are for global, but I really prefer Alpha 3’s rules over the OOB.  Thank you.

Alpha 3 is its own complete set of rules. You only need to reference Alpha 3 when playing. However, the core mechanics of the game like attacking and defending and unit statistics are the same as they are in the original rule book. Alpha 3 just modifies some rules and setups.

• Playin tomorrow, so, i should play with alpha 3?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m