• Founder TripleA Admin

On the evening of September 5, 2011 (tonight), I will be moving the site to a new server. You will not be able to post messages to the old server after I have put the forum in maintenance mode. The new site will be up and running within an hour and maintenance mode will be disabled on the new server. If you ISP updates their DNS servers regularly you should be able to access the site almost immediately after the move is done.

David

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t suppose this fixed the problem where if your post was a little wordy you could not see what you were typing because the scrollbar kept moving up. (If you scrolled down and hit any key the bar would move up.)

Bah, probably something on my end…here’s to dreaming!

@Cmdr:

I don’t suppose this fixed the problem where if your post was a little wordy you could not see what you were typing because the scrollbar kept moving up. (If you scrolled down and hit any key the bar would move up.)

Bah, probably something on my end…here’s to dreaming!

That might be your browser.

I had an issue like that at work (we have a slightly older version of IE).  Anyway go to tools and click Compatibility View.  That might do it.

Made the adjustment, hope it works.  Thanks for the tip, I do use IE 8 and refuse to upgrade because I dont like the fancy GUI of newer versions…Even went so far as to figure out how to make Windows stop asking me to update it. lol

• Founder TripleA Admin

I recommend Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. IE won’t be developer friendly until version 9, I believe. As for “fancy” UI, you’ll get used to it. Personally, I use Chrome almost exclusively now. When a tab crashes, it doesn’t crash the whole browser, only that tab.

@Cmdr:

Made the adjustment, hope it works.  Thanks for the tip, I do use IE 8 and refuse to upgrade because I dont like the fancy GUI of newer versions…Even went so far as to figure out how to make Windows stop asking me to update it. lol

• Founder TripleA Admin

I was too sleepy last night to do this. I’ll probably have the same problem tonight so I’m going to have to do this during the day. Probably around 12pm PDT today.

@djensen:

On the evening of September 5, 2011 (tonight), I will be moving the site to a new server. You will not be able to post messages to the old server after I have put the forum in maintenance mode. The new site will be up and running within an hour and maintenance mode will be disabled on the new server. If you ISP updates their DNS servers regularly you should be able to access the site almost immediately after the move is done.

David

@djensen:

I recommend Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. IE won’t be developer friendly until version 9, I believe. As for “fancy” UI, you’ll get used to it. Personally, I use Chrome almost exclusively now. When a tab crashes, it doesn’t crash the whole browser, only that tab.

@Cmdr:

I would, but Chrome does not work well with just about every other page I go too (works great at Google however.)  Firefox is nice, but I locked that down so hard that no one can do anything with it but play JumpStart (so my kids can play on the computer.)  So, I’m stuck with IE.

• '10

Sounds good.  Im sure we can all survive ONE DAY without the site.

Thanks for the great work and GOOD LUCK.

@FieldMarshalGames:

Sounds good.  Im sure we can all survive ONE DAY without the site.

Thanks for the great work and GOOD LUCK.

Speak for yourself!  If I dont get my AA.org fix I might hyperventallate, fail to come out of my room, have cold sweats…You dont know how it is man!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m