I need your help to make my game better

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I have designed an A&A style modern combat game called WORLD WAR THREE - The Last Option. The map file, rules, and setup are available for sale on Coachofmany’s site, historicalboardgaming.com. I worked with Coach to get some decent pics of the map on his site and he now sells all the products you would want to play this game. Of course, you can use all of your existing A&A pieces to play, but it’s nice to have more accurate pieces on the map. He now sells the modern Table Tactics pieces, roundels, and rockets that most people would want to play the game.

The dilemma here is after two weeks on the market, only one copy has sold at $4.95  :cry: I need some ideas to get this thing going and have people enjoying it. I’m open to most ideas but here are a few that I was kicking around. Tell me what you think…

1. Bundle the game with some Table Tactics pieces and /or modern roundels and you get the game files for free.

2. Offer to print the map and mail it to you like Coach’s other map offerings.

3. Make it free if you order X dollars worth of stuff.

4. ??? You tell me…

• Customizer

Option #2 would make me more interested.  I absolutely hate it when someone offeres up some new game then find out that I am supposed to print my own map and piece it together.

• Bigger map and better map…

• Two weeks and only one sale is far from a dilema to be honest.  I’d be elated at something like this selling one copy in the first two weeks.

Most games don’t sell quickly, especially without national/international advertising, and most definately not without being a “complete” game (Box, Artwork, rule book, game board and all the pieces needed to play the game).  And even then they tend to sell slowly (through retail outlets).

That’s just my two cents on the subject.

@knp7765:

Option #2 would make me more interested.  I absolutely hate it when someone offeres up some new game then find out that I am supposed to print my own map and piece it together.

I will see what I can do to offer this service. This shouldn’t be a problem. What type of material would you like it printed on? Like the stuff that the Invasion Italy game comes on?

@GODLEADER:

Bigger map and better map…

Standard size is 36" X 42". Currently you get the file emailed to you so you can make it whatever size you want. As far as better, tell me how to make it better in the way that would make you want to buy it.

@Rorschach:

Two weeks and only one sale is far from a dilema to be honest.  I’d be elated at something like this selling one copy in the first two weeks.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I guess with all the other cool stuff being sold around here, I had higher hopes. If any of you are interested in the concept and have an idea on how I can make it better, I’m open to suggestions.

• maybe you can combine this map with the RISK 2042 pieces

• '14

Honestly I think you need a better map! That would attract more attention.

Okay, maybe I’ll work on that to see what I can do. As you know Tiger, this is not the easiest thing to do.

• First thing, find out what conventions or game groups are in your area, and run the game at the convention or group meeting.  A convention gives you word of mouth advertising, exposure to dealers, and also helps with refining the game if it has some bugs that you have not seen.

Put together a bundled package of map, rules, and basic pieces set in a Zip-lock bog for Historical Board Gaming to sell.

Get the game mentioned and reviewed on Board Game Geek if you can.

But the biggest thing is number 1, get some game exposure.  Coachofmany has a good site and some great stuff, of which I have bought a lot, but you need to get the word out about your game.

I have been working on that stuff best I can. I would love to get some more play time in to expose any bugs, but there’s never enough time to do everything. I will keep working to improve it though!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m