Alpha 3 vs Alpha 2 Axis Bid Differential Poll

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I detailed why Russia was easier to take now.  Because Germany can put larger stacks of units on the front lines with all those extra AA Guns.  Russia will now have to armor to “trade” with the Germans.  Perhaps not to the degree I detailed, but to some degree.

For instance:

Germany has 5 Infantry, Artillery, Armor, AA Gun in Baltic States, N. Ukraine and S. Ukraine. Russia only has 3 planes and no matter where they go, they are at risk of AA Gun Fire.  Germany might be in the same boat, but can better afford lost planes.

Before, you only had 1 maybe you had a second AA Gun on the front lines, but you kept it back with your main force for later, when you wanted to stack next to the enemy.  Now you have 6 guns, you can easily lose 5 guns to the enemy, especially if it means they have to send armored units into your range.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Voting is closed, the median additional bid is 8 IPC.

Several votes at zero showed up last week (after Kreigund came on the forum and answered some questions). Interesting coincidence since we did not have any vote at zero in the first 3-4 days of voting.

• @Omega1759:

Several votes at zero showed up last week (after Kreigund came on the forum and answered some questions). Interesting coincidence since we did not have any vote at zero in the first 3-4 days of voting.

I voted 0 when I first saw the poll, which was at most a day after it was posted.

@Gargantua:

He must be a personal friend of Osama Bin Laden’s Family, and a member of the Republican party.  I bet he even buys groceries at Wal-Mart.

What does this all mean?

YOU KNOW HE IS AGAINST YOU, ANDYOUR POLL!

And what good can come of that post?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Come on…. you didn’t have to Ru-an-ek

@Omega1759:

Shouldnt be much of a surprise, 3-4 days would have given a number of people time to have a few games go in a few rounds to determine that the change in their normal bid from Alpha 2 to Alpha 3 would be zero.  What they needed before, they need now.  It was, specifically stated, a poll on how much MORE you needed in Alpha 3 than you did in Alpha 2, not what your full Alpha 3 bid was.  So if you wanted 5 infantry for Japan in Alpha 2 and you want 5 infantry for Japan in alpha 3, then your vote should have been zero.

Honestly, I still feel that A3 is more balanced than A2 with significant increases for the axis and only mild increases for the allies.

• @Cmdr:

Honestly, I still feel that A3 is more balanced than A2 with significant increases for the axis and only mild increases for the allies.

what is this I don’t even

• Poll isn’t closed. Bid is zero. Just play, for f’s sake. Try ten games with experienced, varied opponents, and base your ideas on fact, not your personal agenda.

I can tell that’s hard for certain people, but at some point in life, it’s nice to grow up and recognize there are other people in the world. It can be liberating to find, that sometimes they have valid opinions. Sometimes, they’re even right when you’re not… wow! Isn’t that amazing?

Personally, I recognize that I have no idea, and don’t have the answer. Isn’t that refreshing to hear?

Dont NEED a submarine to balance it, but if people are going to bid ridiculously high for the Axis, it doesn’t hurt to take a submarine and make it a little easier to win, right Stalinski?

I’ve seen some really whacked out bids in the tournament so far.  Some are as high as 30 IPCs to take the axis.  Most are coming in at about 6-9 IPC for units in Tobruk or a bonus submarine.  I’d wager that a tourney using A3 rules would see that drop to 3-4 IPC for an additional unit in Tobruk ONLY.  Or even go negative removing some of the extra AA Guns to balance things out.

• Jennifer - I’d love to have an extra German Sub to start the game, yes - but I’m not sold that the Axis needs a bid, yet. Over time, playtesting will let us know.

It’s good to hear that 3-4 IPCs is where things are at right now. That feels like a pretty balanced game to me. The Axis are supposed to be swimming upstream, a little bit. The onus should always lie with the Axis to make or break an attempt at world domination. Myself, I like that challenge of knowing it’ll be hard, and maybe, just a little, the deck is stacked against you. Makes winning sweeter.

An extra submarine, if my opponent is foolish enough to give it to me, is always welcome!

The tournament bids are averaging out to 6-9 IPCs for Alpha 2.  That’s relatively miniscule given the size and scope of the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m