• 1)if a power attacks a multinational naval force, in a seazone. does the power attacking have to attack both powers’ ships, if one is not at war with it??

ex: japan attacks anzac-ian, indian, and american ships. its only at war with uk+anzac, does it have to attack the us ships??

2)if france declares war on japan to use the african des to block, can japan take FIC without losing its NO??

• Customizer

1 = No.  If a power attacks a sea zone containing both ships of a country it is at war with and ships of a country that is still neutral, the attacker ONLY attacks the ships of the country with which it is at war with.  The neutral country’s ships are ignored as bystanders.
    EG:  Japan attacks sea zone with UK, ANZAC and US ships but is only at war with UK/ANZAC.  ONLY UK/ANZAC ships participate in the battle.  US ships are ignored.

2 = No.  If Japan invades FIC, it will lose the 10 IPC NO.  However, even if France declares war on Japan, as long as Japan does NOT invade FIC and is not yet at war with USA, UK or ANZAC, it can still collect that 10 IPC NO.  I know this is a strange one, but the way I understand it is this NO represents trade with the US, which was important to the Japanese economy at the time.  I think the reason not invading FIC is included in this NO is because the US did not want to see Japan expanding beyond it’s conflict with China.  The US was already upset with Japan about waging war on China, and even was sending supplies to China, but was still willing to trade with Japan at that point.

• Told ya, homey.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It’s also important to note that at this time, the US was also sending supplies to GERMANY.  But that doesn’t get represented in the game, or historically in most books.

China was BUYING supplies is a more accurate description.

• Customizer

Germany was getting imports from the United States?  This is the first I have ever heard of that.

I do remember that when Italy invaded Ethiopia, the League of Nations imposed an embargo on Italy.  The problem was that it didn’t include coal or oil and also didn’t affect non-members like the United States.  That tells me that the US was trading with Italy so I guess it’s not too much of a stretch that the US was also trading with Germany as well.  I just assumed with all the stuff we were sending to Britain, that we wouldn’t send stuff to Germany too.  Then again, if we could send stuff to both China and Japan, then why not Britain and Germany.

• @Gargantua:

It’s also important to note that at this time, the US was also sending supplies to GERMANY.  But that doesn’t get represented in the game, or historically in most books.

Arms sold to Germany by G Bush’s grandfather!  mmmmmmmmmm moneymoneymoneymoneymoney

• Sponsor

America: “Let’s play war”
    World: “I don’t have any weapons”
    America: “That’s OK, I will sell you some of mine”

• @Gargantua:

It was sending stuff on a much larger scale to the other Allied nations (particularly Britain).  At this point the USA was still a bit isolationist, but there are always a few people wanting to get money from the other side.  The USA trade with Germany wasn’t really very substantial, and it is covered with bad politics and opinions nowadays.  There’s really no reason to include it.

@knp7765:

Germany was getting imports from the United States?  This is the first I have ever heard of that.

I do remember that when Italy invaded Ethiopia, the League of Nations imposed an embargo on Italy.  The problem was that it didn’t include coal or oil and also didn’t affect non-members like the United States.  That tells me that the US was trading with Italy so I guess it’s not too much of a stretch that the US was also trading with Germany as well.  I just assumed with all the stuff we were sending to Britain, that we wouldn’t send stuff to Germany too.  Then again, if we could send stuff to both China and Japan, then why not Britain and Germany.

Speaking of Italy invading Ethiopia - that was before WWII even started.  So at that point there was still Franco-German and Anglo-German trade, as well.  Even Russo-German trade, actually (and it was fairly substantial).

@Young:

That really isn’t (or wasn’t) the situation at all.  That’s just what people think happened when they oversimplify thingsand want the USA to look bad.  You can do that with almost any country, if you know where to look.

• @shadowguidex:

Told ya, homey.

but i also told YOU!!! you wouldnt have been able to invade FIC and keep the NO!!!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

And what is wrong with that?

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Nothing, Kill them all and let God sort em out. Anyways…… That’s enough politics and religion for me, don’t want to offend anyone.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Nothing, Kill them all and let God sort em out. Anyways…… That’s enough politics and religion for me, don’t want to offend anyone.

You cannot kill them all, if you do, how will you gloat?

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Awesome, Well played.

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

Oh yeah.  You have to leave some of them alive so you can point and say “Nyah, nyah, we beat you.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m