Hans Litten: The man who annoyed Adolf Hitler

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I saw the film but missed the documentary.

A very brave and principled many indeed. But dying for those principles instead of fleeing the country was not the best choice if you ask me. There was little he could do anymore in Germany as Nazi power grew, and with his expertise and the knowledge gained during the trial, he could have played a role abroad to reveal the truth about the Nazis early on, where during the 1930s, many still saw Hitler as the statesman that Germany needed.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Am I missing something here?

HERO - a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

Tell me to lay down if I’m drunk but…

What’s so heroic about this?  The dude did his job?  Theres nothing particularily “distinguished” about it.  Other then the fact it was big H on the stand.

Hans was a lawyer and he cross examined Hittler rightfully on the stand, did a good job (But not good enough to convict?) and pissed off the Nazi’s, ok - cool.  But so what?

Whats the big deal?  For this Type A personality, it’s normal to be good at what you do, and not care what anyone else thinks - be stubborn and often RUDE in your interactions with people in general, which he was.

I’m still not seeing the heroics… ? ? ?  Heroic would be he put a luger in Hitlers face, and took one for the team.

Otherwise… where do you draw the line?  Is every footsoldier in the conflict a hero?  Is everyone who passed information, sent thier children to war, or baked applie pies for the troops a hero?

Everyone has parts to play, Heroic’s in my understanding is when you step up and above that?

I mean, is a paramedic a hero for saving lives everyday - or is that just his job?

It is wholly unheroic not to stand up in the face of tyranny, but that does not make it heroic to do the right thing everyday.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m