• '10

It is crazy that Inglorious Bastards is falling behind in this poll.

The question was not which was the BETTER MOVIE, but what was the worst WW2 movie.

Inglorious Bastards is a much better movie than many of the options (technically) But it was a HORRIBLE WW2 movie.

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

It is crazy that Inglorious Bastards is falling behind in this poll.

The question was not which was the BETTER MOVIE, but what was the worst WW2 movie.

Inglorious Bastards is a much better movie than many of the options (technically) But it was a HORRIBLE WW2 movie.

They all seem to be running close in the voting. It may be difficult to determine the worst WWII movie.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I picked “other”, simply because the number of bad WWII movies is overwhelming, and there must be many that I haven’t even seen.
    One movie that “deserves” to be mentioned in this category, is U-571. On top of a series of entirely improbable feats, it’s historically inaccurate to the point that I consider it an insult to the men who really performed that job.

But I’m sure that there are many, many other movies that I’ve been fortunate enough to have missed.

• '10

@Herr:

I picked “other”, simply because the number of bad WWII movies is overwhelming, and there must be many that I haven’t even seen.
    One movie that “deserves” to be mentioned in this category, is U-571. On top of a series of entirely improbable feats, it’s historically inaccurate to the point that I consider it an insult to the men who really performed that job.

But I’m sure that there are many, many other movies that I’ve been fortunate enough to have missed.

No doubt you are correct!

• Keep working ,great job!

• I only saw the first 3 on the list, so I can really only comment on them.  I must say I am very surprised about the reaction to TRL.  It tries to be very accurate (notice the yellowish hand grenades?), tells a very compelling story, and offers up rich characters.  Every time somebody posted that it was ‘boring’, I just shook my head. :roll: I guess some people with their short attention spans need explosions to keep them focused.  I guess it is no surprise, then, when they said that PH was ‘entertaining’. Piece of typical Hollywood garbage.

IB was a typical Tarantino flick, which is to say entertaining and fun.  Of course historical accuracy was not the point.

• '10

@Uberlager:

I only saw the first 3 on the list, so I can really only comment on them.  I must say I am very surprised about the reaction to TRL.  It tries to be very accurate (notice the yellowish hand grenades?), tells a very compelling story, and offers up rich characters.  Every time somebody posted that it was ‘boring’, I just shook my head. :roll: I guess some people with their short attention spans need explosions to keep them focused.  I guess it is no surprise, then, when they said that PH was ‘entertaining’. Piece of typical Hollywood garbage.

IB was a typical Tarantino flick, which is to say entertaining and fun.  Of course historical accuracy was not the point.

Yes, I noticed how accurate the scenes of the jungle fighting were in trl! (the grass was very tall)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Yes, I noticed how accurate the scenes of the jungle fighting were in trl! (the grass was very tall)

LOL - good one.

FYI - I love cinema, and I’ll give any movie/show despite however berated - a chance.

Thin Red Line is one of the worst movies ever made. You talk about Story,  there wasn’t one,  nothing happens, the characters do not develop, the mood is depressing and the majority of the scenes are just a dude swimming with natives, over, and over, and over again.

You talk about depth and message, What message? and what depth?  I fell asleep IN THE THEATRE!  A movie is by design, made to entertain, and a good movie tells a great story through entertainment.  TRL failed in every aspect. Absolutely Terrible.

• '10

@Gargantua:

LOL - good one.

FYI - I love cinema, and I’ll give any movie/show despite however berated - a chance.

Thin Red Line is one of the worst movies ever made. You talk about Story,  there wasn’t one,  nothing happens, the characters do not develop, the mood is depressing and the majority of the scenes are just a dude swimming with natives, over, and over, and over again.

You talk about depth and message, What message? and what depth?  I fell asleep IN THE THEATRE!  A movie is by design, made to entertain, and a good movie tells a great story through entertainment.  TRL failed in every aspect. Absolutely Terrible.

DITTIO! I have a copy and I could not bring myself to watch it again to maybe give it another chance. After all at my age there are only so many hours left.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

DITTIO! I have a copy and I could not bring myself to watch it again to maybe give it another chance. After all at my age there are only so many hours left

I think maybe the only purpose of the Thin Red Line DVD, is so that you can smash it, and use the shards, to cut your own throat. :D

• '10

@Gargantua:

DITTIO! I have a copy and I could not bring myself to watch it again to maybe give it another chance. After all at my age there are only so many hours left

I think maybe the only purpose of the Thin Red Line DVD, is so that you can smash it, and use the shards, to cut your own throat. :D

I kind of felt that way after spending good money to buy that DVD.

• I would rather watch a W.W.2 musical than these movies

• '10

After seeing today’s posts ,I thought that I should add another movie to the list.

• Customizer

Worst WW2 Movie EVER.

I nominate:

Red Tails

And I’m supremely confident it will WIN(lose?) this category by a large margin!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Everyone,

I strongly believe that if the “polling” were to be re-started after Red Tails was an option, that in would garner at least 90% of the “worst” vote, if not all 100% of it. Red Tails was THAT BAD!!!

And IMHO “Inglorious Bastards” is not a war movie. For that matter neither is Red Tails, but it advertised itself as one although it failed miserably in the effort.

“Tall Paul”

• '10

Ok, I reset the poll. Lets see if everyone is willing to vote again. I have not seen the movie RED TAILS and I probably will not until I can get it on DVD. Most of the cash in my wallet has been there for at least 5 years. So I will withhold my vote for now.

• Sponsor

The thin red line was bad on a lot of levels, but red tails was bad on every level. I guess we should avoid future war movies with the word “red” in the title.

• Customizer

Young Grasshopper,

An interesting conclusion,…and I can understand the depth of your disgust with “R.T.” to have reached it.

But I’d have to diasgree that because of some peoples’ total incompetance we should have to pay the penalty. They are the ones that are to be penalized,…by poor sales and damaged careers from being any part of this fiasco.

I think I’ll pull out my Red Badge of Courage DVD and watch it tonight.

Can anyone think of any other GOOD “Red” war movies?

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

@Tall:

Young Grasshopper,

An interesting conclusion,…and I can understand the depth of your disgust with “R.T.” to have reached it.

But I’d have to diasgree that because of some peoples’ total incompetance we should have to pay the penalty. They are the ones that are to be penalized,…by poor sales and damaged careers from being any part of this fiasco.

I think I’ll pull out my Red Badge of Courage DVD and watch it tonight.

Can anyone think of any other GOOD “Red” war movies?

“Tall Paul”

“The big red one” with Mark Hammel is neither bad nor good, but it’s a war movie with the word “red” in the title.

• Customizer

“YG”,

Yep, that’s another “Red” film. I’ll think I’ll watch it again tommorow night. Thanks.

I thought there must be some movie with “Red, White, & Blue” in it’e title but I can’t think of any at the moment.

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m