• Their capital is southern france, and they have syria, and everything in africa excluiding French Equatorlial africa. I use the german pieces from classic. The german player can ONCE take over vichy france, like they did in 1942, but it cannot be restored

• @Axistiger13:

Their capital is southern france, and they have syria, and everything in africa excluiding French Equatorlial africa. I use the german pieces from classic. The german player can ONCE take over vichy france, like they did in 1942, but it cannot be restored

i mean with take over: the vichy armys become german and the vichy controlled territorys (if any) become german-controlled

• Don’t agree. If German player takes Vichy France, all others Vichy territory in Africa must joins the Allies.
    In fact, that’s the reason why Hitler didn’t invade Vichy before 1942. Hitler wants Vichy out of the war and keep away French fleet from Allies.

• Hitler broke his Vichy agreements after the French put up no fight at all against Allied landings. Vichy is pro-axis without question. After Hitler saw the resolve of the Vichy forces he felt his southern areas would be open to collapse if the allies pressed, so he occupied these areas as fast as he could. The French fleet was interned in Dakar and they were not under Vichy administration to the same extent as Madagascar, Syria, Morocco, Algeria, and Southern France.

• Vichy is pro-axis without question
    IL… nothing is all black and nothing is all white.
    Political situation between Free fench-Vichy versus UK and Germany was more complexe than you think.

• And yet Vichy was pro-axis in History.

Thats why Petain was considered a traitor as well as the major ranking political members of Vichy.

He was made the Villian because he made 1 statement (pro Nazi) that got printed in french Newspaper. I don’t remember exactly the headline but, it stated something along the lines “Here’s to a Nazi victory” or something like that. and thats what screwed him during Nurnberg trials

Petain actually helped his people, choosing to send them as labor to Germany vs Fielding French fighting Units for Germany. He chose work over bloodshed for his people in his mind. He had No Idea germany wouldnt return said workers AT the agreed time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m