• After each games, members of our club analyze and comment their games by using photos taken during the game.
    Because end our games often differently from WWII, players take advantage of it to rewrite history with little humor.
    They create political leaders and officers who have never existed and formulate fake quotations.
    I would like to konw if some of you make that?
    Have you already writed quotations?
    Do you analyze your games?

• ocationaly we do this. the one phrase that sticks in my head the best is “how are there still people on this planet?”
    that specific game was of revisied it lasted 115 turns and in the last 95 of them every 10 turns there’d be 2 huge battles of about 35 infantry 10 artillery 10 tanks and 10 Fighter vs about 35 infantry 10 artillery 10 tanks and 10 fighters. we calculated that the game ended in 1999 we never could figure out the eproximite number of caulualties but we figured it was about 3,000,000,000,000.

• @i:

we calculated that the game ended in 1999 we never could figure out the eproximite number of caulualties but we figured it was about 3,000,000,000,000.

I think that three trillion people is roughly 1,000 times larger than what the total population of the planet was at the time of the Second World War.

• Oops I ment 3,000,000,000.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Other than living memory, or online games, I’ve never done an indepth analysis…

however, I’m coming up with a sheet, to record rolls, kills, and casualties, per country, for atleast, the country I’m playing, so you can prove/disprove the typical dice handicap, etc.

IE, Things like, the dice went 60/40 for the allies, but the axis still won,  the axis built 3x as many tanks as the allies, but the allies had 5x as many bombers. etc.

With little notes along the way aswell, like “ANOTHER figther lost to destroyer NO Kill :S”

• @crusaderiv:

They create political leaders and officers who have never existed and formulate fake quotations.
    I would like to konw if some of you make that?
    Have you already writed quotations?

One great quotation that would be highly usable by the losing side of an A&A game comes from the Evil Overlord List: “No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!”

• Here’s some quotation.

Just by seeing the English women, we understand why nobody wants to invade England!

• General Gunther Von Gonorrhee

Do not bury the german soldiers bodies! We have a pact with the vultures.

• Ygor Yassassin Colonel of Red army

Italian soldiers are so bad markmens than after 3 hours of fire, I broke the rows of the execution squad because soldiers had neither hit the prisoner and the wall behind!

• Luigi Feartogo Lieutenant of Italian Army.

Japanese fanaticism was so bad that even the horses of Japanese cavalry committed suicide!

• William W. Horseshoe General of US army.

• Remarks supposedly exchanged (there are suspiciously many versions of this story) between a German and an Englishman upon seeing (or hearing about) a German soccer victory over England, sometime after WWII:

German: “Aha, we have beaten you at your national game!”
    Englishman: “And we’ve beaten you at yours…twice.”

• The game I talked about above didn’t officially end but we didn’t want to play anymore.

Some more quotes Though
    “the damn Japanese keep talking any thing they attack Evan out numbered 3:1!”
    George E. william US commander and chief of the pacific

“when ever a Russian army’s destroyed 3 more take it’s place!”
    Otto Von hamburg German field marshal

“our army’s so bad at amphibious lands we can’t take a damned island from Japan even if we out number them 10:1!”
    Freddy jankins general of the us marines

“were’d the tommys go?”
    Erwin German marshal

“we need more ships to compete with the German navy!”
    Lord Robert Alberto British chief of the navy

“Were’d the navy go?”
    King George the VI king of britian

• Some more thought

Our dogs were so well raised that they returned grenades when we launched them in ennemies trenches.
    -Lieutenant Luther Doberman. German army

It was so cold that even dead body shivered!

• Erwin Frozen, colonel of SS divisions in Stalingrad

Japaneses are so alike that we have the impression to kill ten times the same guy!

• Andy Shottokill. US Marines.

How I am going to know if I strike the sound barrier?

• RAF Deaf Pilot.

HIgh command asked us to resist up to the last one but the orders didn’t stipulate who owed of us had to resist till the end.

• Soldier Viktor Switchov

• Actual quote from a (translated) Russian book I once saw, written by a Russian journalist who was on the front lines during the German invasion of the USSR in 1941.  The journalist, emerging from a forest through which he’d been walking, came across a clearing in which he saw a battery of Russian guns and a good number of burning German tanks.  He walked over to the young officer commanding the battery to congratulate him on their good showing.

Journalist: Which of your men destroyed the most enemy tanks?
    Officer (speaking as a good Communist): We count collectively.

• These are more quotes from other games

“when we prepared for operation sealion we were all given rain coats.”
    German soldier

“the FFF are so good they take 4 divisions for the loss of one Evan if some of those divisions are armored divisions.”
    Impressed English soldier

“the Americans are so rich they build battleships when we build destroyers.”
    Herman guderan captain of the bismarck

“we don’t need AA guns we need Chinese soldiers.”
    Lord lucius darvin British general of the Burma army

“sssir wwweve lost another 4 fighter wings!”
    Japanese soldier to a supirior
    “how?”
    Japanese general
    “5 Chinese infantry divisions!”
    Japanese soldier

“The best Russian soldier is 200 times worse then the crapest German soldier ever.”
    SS commander

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m