Does Panzer General work on XP/Home OS?

• I’ve got PG & PGII. I know they run on Windows95. I believe they run on W98. Can you tell me if they work on XP/Home or will I need to fix my old computer to handle these games separately?

I talked with a guy who “fixes everybodies computer!” :roll: and he said to create a partition and load W95 first then put XP on the other part of the partition. However, I called Sierra/or whoever owns their rights now and a texpert(tech expert) didn’t recommend that. He said when that was done most people accidentally loaded software into the wrong OS. Then it was a mess!

Help mucho appreciated…

• You could just run them in W95 mode (right click on the icon choose properties, Compatibility and choose Run this program in W95 mode, remember to disable visual themes and it might be clever to run it in 640 and 256 colors.

best of luck :)

• i once encountered the problem (on my PC) that PG and PGII do not run with any setting other than 256 colours …
    just as buen mentioned it.

• I also ran in problems with PGII before where my computer was “too fast.” You simply need to turn down the graphics acceleration a bit. :)

• Panzer General III works on XP … not sure about the earlier versions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m