• Hey all,  :-)

I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. I recently found out about this website and have enjoyed reading the forums. Anyways, I was wanting some advice. My buddies and I have the original MB Axis and Allies Spring 1942 that was made in 1984 I believe. Well, we’re looking to update obviously, and have decided on buying the new AA Spring 1942 version. We realize that it’s cheap, and the board is tiny, so we are going to blow up a map and use that instead.

So here’s the dilemma: We can’t decide on which map to print.  :? ( We did decide on the size though, which is 60 x 30)

Choice #1: IL’s AA50 map. Very neutral, with clean lines, and very realistic bodies of land. I’m not a huge fan of the light blue water and the rather dull and lifeless greens used. Also, it can be difficult to determine which team is controlling whatever country. (vs. the colored country’s)

Choice #2: IL’s AA42 colored map. This is one of my personal favourites. I enjoy the various colors, that not only coordinate with the model colors, but also make it easier to distinguish the controlled countries. Plus, this board is similar to the original, which is always appreciated.

It would be much appreciated if anyone could offer their advice - perhaps you’ve printed out one of the aforementioned maps and feel very strongly about it.

Any contributions are welcome! Many thanks!  :lol:

Cheers.

This link provides visuals for both maps: axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19486.15

• MY cousin has IL’s multi-colored '42 map printed, and we really like it. But any way you go, bigger is always better.

I thought IL had a '42 version that looked like the out-of-box map. Any reason you’re not considering that?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m