• I am sorry if this has been answered before, however I couldn’t find an answer on this.  When China is purchasing units, where can they place them?  China has no IC and no Capital City.  The rules are kinda vague from what I can tell.

• China can place units it bought on any Chinese territory that’s still free from Japanese control

• China also has unlimited placement, so if you are not under attack as China then save your money.  You can then counter an invasion with a purchase of 10 inf 10 art:)

• However it appears that china is almost always going to be invaded right off the bat?  I haven’t played too much but that’s what is almost always done on J1 and J2.  I know I do when I play Japan.  Anyways I know thats for another discussion.  Thanks for answering my question.

• Customizer

One other thing, you can even place newly purchased Chinese units in a territory that you just captured this round.  This can give China a slight edge if they have a good offensive going.

@JimmyHat:

China also has unlimited placement, so if you are not under attack as China then save your money.  You can then counter an invasion with a purchase of 10 inf 10 art:)

That would be good unless Japan manages to cut the Burma Road.  Then China can only purchase infantry.  Of course, if you have a fair amount saved up, you can purchase a LOT of infantry and still stop an invasion.

• True, but if Japan is dorking around in China cutting the burma road, then China will have  been purchasing and placing max units every round to fight them off.  My example was if Japan leaves China, then after China has built up a small defense, they should save money so that if the axis ever return to China(why would they?) they’ll have to face a large Chinese placement army.

• At first I try to make Japan lose as many units as possible trying to take the burma road (Yunnan) so I usually trade that for a few turns.

I like putting them up north as soon as I lose my ability to retake the burma road.  That relieves some  pressure from india, and if Japan ignores them you can threaten Manchuria or other areas.

• Customizer

That’s a really good idea.  When we play, usually whomever is playing China is so focused on trying to keep the Burma Road open that they end up getting all their forces wiped out.  However, Japan usually has a somewhat weak force up north so maybe it’s better to let the Burma Road go and stack more forces up north.

• I’ve heard some people pull out of China and just attack Russia and I guess India, since Chinese troops can’t travel outside of China (with few exceptions.)

• @Dylan:

I’ve heard some people pull out of China and just attack Russia and I guess India, since Chinese troops can’t travel outside of China (with few exceptions.)

Thats not actually a bad idea, If you hold out in Kiangsu and shangtung, with infantry, artillery, and a punch of planes, you could probably keep the Chinese in check, making the ocassional raid out of those areas to trim back and sizeable Chinese build up. Keeps you the all important VC, but also keeps your forces close to the coast incase you need to redeploy them somewhere else in a hurry. Also, with only needing to keep a occupation force, it  would allow you to concentrate and focus greater forces for an attack on other fronts. Intresting idea……

• One of my early games this happened to Japan.  I had built a factory on the Chinese coast and spent my last ipcs on inf to defend and placed my whole airforce there.  Turns out…China can outproduce Japan eventually when Japan is making 0ipcs due to US convoy raiders.  In retrospect I should have saved my ipcs for destroyers to fight the sub blockers /after/ the US surface fleet sailed to the Atlantic, that factory on the Chinese mainland was really just a POW camp for Japanese, and China was able to eventually overpower my defenses.

About the only thing I could do from the coast were air raids to kill UK troops moving through China.  I had to use only airpower but I figured since those units could be used to fight the war and weren’t Chinese, they were a viable target.

• Customizer

I have a question regarding Chinese troops in Burma & Kwangtung.  The rulebook says that those two territories are the only non-Chinese territories that Chinese troops can occupy, although the income goes to UK/India unless Calcutta is captured by Japan.  In the rulebook, it specifically states that Chinese forces may attack Axis forces in these two territories.  My question is:  May Chinese forces enter those territories in a non-combat move when they are still British controlled?  For example, say China has a large force of infantry on Yunnan and want to move them to Burma to help UK forces defend against a Japanese attack.

• '10

@knp7765:

My question is:  May Chinese forces enter those territories in a non-combat move when they are still British controlled?  For example, say China has a large force of infantry on Yunnan and want to move them to Burma to help UK forces defend against a Japanese attack.

Yes, they can

• Customizer

Thanks.  It sounded right but I wanted to ask to make sure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m