• I’m a newb, so I apologize in advance if this info is readily available already.

I have some friends coming in from out of town and we were hoping to re-live old times by trying to organize a weeknight round of 1942.

Unfortunately we’re having a hard time figuring out how to setup and play in ~4 hours.  Does anyone know of house rules or alternate setup rules (for 1942) that would allow us to shorten the game or start our turns later in the war? Perphaps around 1943?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Alien

• I would suggest playing online to become familiar with the rules. TripleA (free) or GameTableOnline (free against the computer).

Explaining the rules will add HOURS to a game. In my games, it was the rules that always slowed us down. But now that we’re well versed, our games are significantly faster.

Discussing strategy will slow things down also. It’s easy to analyze a turn to death. You could try a timer.

IMHO, a four hour game with people who aren’t well versed in the rules is unrealistic. But, your milage may very. Either way, good Luck!

• '12

Good advice, a little thing but have the game board setup by the time they show up and have a PDF of the rule book available for everyone ahead of time.  A timer is a good thing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m