• why can’t i copy?
    it’s not like i’m a pro, i just use black markers, too much free time, a large avaible cartboard and pieces from G40 :P
    and of course, KISS-rules

• but back to world war 1.
    or even better; what does everybody think of the russian civil war?

• @Frontovik:

what does everybody think of the russian civil war?

Its an intresting time period, lot of colorful charaters like Gen. Kornilov and Admiral Kolchack. There was a great book I read called “Red Victory” which was a rather complete history of all sides and forces involved

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Victory-History-Russian-1918-1921/dp/0306809095

if anyone is intrested in checking it out, link is above. A bit long but well worth the read.

• @Clyde85:

@Frontovik:

what does everybody think of the russian civil war?

Its an intresting time period, lot of colorful charaters like Gen. Kornilov and Admiral Kolchack. There was a great book I read called “Red Victory” which was a rather complete history of all sides and forces involved

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Victory-History-Russian-1918-1921/dp/0306809095

if anyone is intrested in checking it out, link is above. A bit long but well worth the read.

superb! just what i needed! really really thank you!

• @Frontovik:

superb! just what i needed! really really thank you!

We aim to please  :-D

It really is an intresting period. I do feel bad for the whites sometimes, there were a number of instances where they very nearly won. I think the best chances for the whites to win would have been if Pater Warngle had taken over command of the Western Whites from Denikin earlier, if Kolchack had cracked down of the Cossacks along the trans-sibeiran railroad from the get go, and in the best case, Gen. Kornilov hadnt been killed so early in the civil war. These men, espically Wrangle, could have made all the difference.

• Have you ever played Diplomacy?

• @suprise:

Have you ever played Diplomacy?

I used to play often when I was in high school but I havent played it in a while. I just bought a new copy of the game over the summer but I havent gotten to play it. Actually, considering I’ve pirated the pieces for work on a WW1 game, I dnt know if I could play even if I wanted to!  :lol:

• I enjoy the deal making and backstabbing,  more deal making.  I think if you could encorporate some W.W.1 pieces you could have a game as fun as the W.W.2 version.  Subs, Battle Ships, Cruisers,  Inf & Cav,  Tanks and Art.  Roll on a 6 sided,  like I said it’s all about the deal making

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

One should take a Sci-Fi alternate universe twist on WWI / WW2 era gaming.

Imagine, you can use all the tech/equipment from say, a 1930’s era,  and put it on a new map, with new alliances, ideologies, possibilities, and more.

As long as you get a cool theme, and a fun map, this would be hella - cool, and you can break through all kinds of “repetetive theme gaming”.

Or, imagine if it was settlers of Catan style, where the map was random everytime…. WOOT!

• @Gargantua:

One should take a Sci-Fi alternate universe twist on WWI / WW2 era gaming.

Sir, you have oddly specific tastes, but your ship has come in  :-D

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/117/1178057p1.html

Check it out and enjoy!

• what’s so great bout diplomacy?

• It can be everybody against everybody, unless you form alliances only to renig on a treaty and attack. one molment your in an allience with a country and then they are your enemy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m