• Alright to start, sorry for my spelling for all the places
    ive been playing for almost 4 years and have developed this plan, that only loses when the axis get REALLY lucky in a few battles.

To start, russia play russia restricted, so only leave 3 infantry in cacus moving the other 2 to karilia. move everyone off of russia, sending 2 infantry to the east, and the rest to karillia. end the turn placing 8 infantry on karillia.

Britain starts off bying a carrier and transport, assuming the fleet has been distroyed, because it should have been. bomb germany, and go over and pick up the tank from canada. if you have any units left in africa, use them wisely (different all the time, depending on what germany does.)

the usa buys 3 transports 4 infantry. Move the bomber to britain, send 2 infantry to aferica, and the fighters land on the aircraft carrier. If you have guys left in china, meet them up with the russian forces.

This is just the first turn, because after this, i play only depending on waht germany and japan does. What i always do is counter attack with russia in the east with only those guys, putting all infantry on karilla. This makes the game a race between USA and JAPAN. If the us gets to germany before japan gets to russia, then allies win. I also do a lot of attacking with russia, in order to take eastern europe. ONce this is done, then germany has to defend 3 places(germany, south europe, and west europe) and it cant keep it up. the way the game turns out, it takes japan 5 turns to get to russia, while it only takes USA and britain 4 turns to take germany, thus winning for the allies. ONce germany falls, then its a huge push east, and the allies will always win 3VS1.

what do you think?

• Amazing.

• this is kind of like moving the king’s pawn up 2 squares in chess. It’s a classic move that we’ve all done a variation of, if not this exactly.

• Anthony (tonyb) you do not win every time. I win more then half the time except when Matt plays Germany

And for everybody else: Tonyb and I are in the same play group. And hes right, most of the time its a race between Japan(myself) and USA(tonyb).

• How does one transport the Canadian tank if the British transports in the Atlantic are at the bottom of the ocean, as per your assumption?

• '19 Moderator

I am guess ing he was refering to the North sea fleet. Though many is the time that I as the UK have seen that Trany in the Labrador sea slip beneath the wave before I could move it. :cry:

• @tonyb:

leave 3 infantry in cacus moving the other 2 to karilia. move everyone off of russia, sending 2 infantry to the east, and the rest to karillia. end the turn placing 8 infantry on karillia.
    what do you think?

I think you might as well move all but one off caucasus

• I am with Grig on this one, I throw the whole ball of wax at the big K the first round, as the capital is safe at least the first 2 turns, so after that if the US has started throwing troops Russia’s way then the game will be quick and painless anyway. Otherwise that strat is a really solid one that I use for the most part still depending upon who I am playing against…I really need to finish my job hunt and start finding someone to play against out here.

• sometimes germany will take caucasus turn one. To prevent this, 2 infantry should be enough.
    That’s a pretty good plan. but what if there is a german bomber in western europe? hard to build 3 transports 4 men. I would rarely move to africa with usa first turn. I would do it if the german fleet is in the western med threatening the new uk fleet.

• Inky,
    Do you really think it wise for Germany to risk it’s bmr alone v3 trns?

• @lnxduk:

sometimes germany will take caucasus turn one. To prevent this, 2 infantry should be enough.

Why use two? If Germany wants caucasus badly enough, adding another Inf won’t do to much, but then, it might make them send more forces that way.

• @Grigoriy:

@lnxduk:

sometimes germany will take caucasus turn one. To prevent this, 2 infantry should be enough.

Why use two? If Germany wants caucasus badly enough, adding another Inf won’t do to much, but then, it might make them send more forces that way.

agreed. Pluses and minuses:
    Plus - force GE to apply more force if it actually wants CAU - this might mean one fewer plane vs. UK boats, and maybe an extra inf.
    Minus - GE does not often go for CAU and if it does, it’s a dead zone along with UKR. Often if it is taken by GE then it is retaken by RUS with minimal effort. At the same time, depleting your forces on Kar by even one inf could make a big difference in GE’s desire (and ability) to attack and take KAR. In fact, when i play the allies, most people will note that i use the barest minimum of forces i calculate to take something and hold with one inf in order to maintain sufficient forces in KAR, and if i don’t think this will be done, i don’t bother. The same goes for defending CAU/UKR.

• This start is like basic allied start, nothing amazing with it :)

• ive seen better.

tragedy is me getting a papercut.comedy is someone falling through an open pothole and dying.
    -mel brooks

Yes it is basic and I do use it all the time, but if he wanted to post a fairly good strat let him…. Yanny I think said he was really wanting Strats posted…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m