RR & 2HBS - Can Germany Take UK in T1??

• Well the greatest reason for taking a capital is the extra IPCs that come with it. Even if USA liberates UK, that doesn’t mean you’ll have to give back those 30 hard earned IPCs.

• I disagree with all the nay sayers. I like the latteral thinking.I’ve played the board game for about 14 years now, yeah I’m a looser. but Ihave learned a few things, first the dice roll both ways, and second your opponents know all of your tricks that’s why the ardenne’s offensive was so scary in 44. rundstedt was a conservative and would never do it. the question wasn’t whether it was wise or not, but whether you could pull it off or not. and i think with my group it’s possible. subs pick thier victims, if your atlantic sub kocks out the battle ship 33% chance, then it can get aid from merely one other sub, and no planes- leaving the odds still inferior but definately more favorable. to quell all the “but russia will bla bla”, let them. axis and allies is a game of stragety, bait your enemy karelia is a great asset for russia, as they tie the germans up in three areas, yet god only gives them what… 3 tanks near europe? I’ve found that if russia is too clever falling back to europe, crippling the british and american fleets and diverting all my immediate attention to afrika :smile: makes up for any losses in europe, and ultimately makes me strong enough to challenge russia or usa on my terms. also don’t leave tanks or planes or an abundance of infantry on the front line, you want them to attack, but you only want to weaken them with your defenders, then when thier airplanes go home and thier tanks are sitting there ripe… then you hit them with all of your forces. then retreat your offensive forces. of course that assumes they won’t simply destroy your transport. danwatkins01@yahoo.com

• Unlike SUD i have’nt played the game 14 years…only 6 :razz:

I tested the Germany take UK 1st move, and its only worked 1 out of 10 time, approx. But the chance of success is ofcourse better if Russia dun move their fleet into UK SZ. (duuh)

• well tha’s what i was getting at, geez 1 in 10 stinks, but typcally when i play germany, russia stacks karelia with a plastic mass of infantry. I haven’t found a real great way of breaking them of this, typically i back off europe to protect my flank while i swarm over afrika to build a diverse enouh army to crush them. but initially i would forgo the initial destruction of the british fleet and throw all my planes tanks and every available man at that wall, back then I thought karelia was the key, and it succeeded more than it failed. mostly because russia had no counter attack forces left and the allies were too busy trying to build complexes.
    to the point … I figured it had at least that same ammount of risk-reward but with less crippling consequenses if you fail.
    but it all hinges on russia forgetting to destroy the baltic fleet.
    oh and i only mentioned the 14 year thing so you’d realize that you are 8 years less of a looser than me. quit while you’re ahead!

• Look, I think it’s possible if you and Japan can CRIPPLE UK’s economy by taking land and strategic bombing while building up. Not probable, just possible…

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m