• Out of box … AA50 hands down.
    If the new ruleset ever gets worked out for Global, I’d expect them to be about equal for balance.

• they are making a new rules set? will that be the alpha 3?

• @Global-commander:

they are making a new rules set? will that be the alpha 3?

From what I understand (I don’t frequent the forums often enough or read everything tbh) Alpha 2+ is still being worked on.  Who knows when it will be a “finalized” ruleset.

• is the aa50 version very popular, or do most forum people prefer the global?

• @Global-commander:

is the aa50 version very popular, or do most forum people prefer the global?

Before the 1940 games came out this particular sub-forum was incredibly busy.  Now, not so much.

I’m sure the limited edition nature of the game, combined with the excitement of the Global Game (being relatively new still) has AA50 pretty overshadowed right now.

I still think AA50 is the best overall version of the game myself though.

• Customizer

@Rorschach:

@Global-commander:

is the aa50 version very popular, or do most forum people prefer the global?

Before the 1940 games came out this particular sub-forum was incredibly busy.  Now, not so much.

I’m sure the limited edition nature of the game, combined with the excitement of the Global Game (being relatively new still) has AA50 pretty overshadowed right now.

I still think AA50 is the best overall version of the game myself though.

I fully agree.  I really want to like global, but the balance issues is a hang-up for me.  And even once that’s taken care of (??), takes so long to play…

AA50th, best edition yet.  :-D

• Ok then. Axis player what is the best way to play it , with or without tech and NO’s?

• question was for axis roll and anybody else

• With NO’s, without tech, no bid is my typical game (1941 or 1942 setup).

• @SS:

Ok then. Axis player what is the best way to play it , with or without tech and NO’s?

I would preface this with my opinions about these options.

National Objectives

Usually these are more often lost and hard to (re-)obtain for the allies.  The axis are usually advancing and can more easily achieve their national objectives, with the exception of Italy, whom the allies can deny the Italian NOs more easily.

Advantage with National Objectives:  to the Axis

Weapons Development

sidebar
    I am not a big fan of the randomness that is built into the achieving of technologies.  Plus the techs are not even in their strengths:  Super Subs for Russia?  practically worthless

But if you play with tech, I think that favors the Axis.  Why?  Most techs are offensive in nature, which is the Axis main strategy/strength, especially early.  It would be nice if Jet Fighters were still a ‘5’ on defense instead of a 4 on offense (no longer a defensive tech).  Similiarly, advanced art could be a defensive aid as well (inf defense to a ‘3’).

Advantage with Weapons Development:  to the Axis

Again, merely my opinion, but with the reason(s) I why I believe so.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m