• @Young:

@i:

what about a 13 year old?

are you asking for some advice about your strategies, or are you asking about the embarrassment level of losing to a 13 year old?

yes i meant the emperisment level of losing to a 13 year old. sorrry for late replay been busy (sp?)

• Sponsor

@i:

@Young:

@i:

what about a 13 year old?

are you asking for some advice about your strategies, or are you asking about the embarrassment level of losing to a 13 year old?

yes i meant the emperisment level of losing to a 13 year old. sorrry for late replay been busy (sp?)

Not as bad as an 11 year old, I think the recommended age to play A&A begins at 12. So there is no shame losing to you. However there is lots of embarrassment in the way you spell embarrassment…… just kidding.

• The kid is probally a genius?  Back to coastal guns now!  Do we have a new rule Grasshoppa?

• Sponsor

@Chiefredcoles38:

The kid is probally a genius?  Back to coastal guns now!  Do we have a new rule Grasshoppa?

Give me time to flesh it out and I will post it tonight.

• Sponsor

This is how my coastal gun rule would read (nice and simple).

Coastal Guns (cardboard counter)

Cost: 9
    Attack: N/A
    Defense: 1
    Move: N/A

Unit Characteristics
    Can’t Move: Coastal guns can’t move once placed on a territory and they can’t be carried on a transport.

Sea Defense: A coastal gun may only be used during an amphibious assault from an adjacent sea zone from which the coastal gun resides. A coastal gun can only fire into one sea zone per turn, and at sea units that reside in an adjacent sea zone from which an amphibious landing is taking place. A coastal gun does not contribute to the defense of industrial complexes, airbases, or naval bases during Strategic Bombing Raids. Coastal guns fire only once, before the first round of an amphibious assault.

Roll one die against each surface warship in the adjacent sea zone from which the landing will take place (coastal guns fire after the decision to scramble, but before all combat). On a roll of “1,” that sea unit is destroyed and immediately removed from the game. If all the units are the same, there is no need to differentiate them. However, if there is a mix of warship types, you must assign specific dice rolls to specific types by indicating which surface warship is being rolled against. A roll of “1” destroys the specified sea unit (unless the sea unit is a capital ship, in which case it will require 2 hits to be destroyed).

Coastal gun defense is made immediately before normal combat occurs in the territory containing the coastal gun.

Subject to Capture: If a territory is captured, any coastal guns there is also captured (unlike AA guns which are removed from the board once captured). Their new owner is the player controlling the territory at the end of that turn, and that owner can use those coastal guns in future sea zone defense. Coastal guns are never destroyed. Only one coastal gun may occupy each territory. Ownership of the coastal gun is directly linked to ownership of the territory, And it will defend the territory it occupies no matter the type of allies present in the territory.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I like this version. Like you said, clean and simple. But, what do think about this?

Takes 3 hits. On the third hit, guns are non-op (not destroyed) similar to an SBRed base.

Can choose to fire on enemy support ships during amphibious assault (1 die @ 1 on each, BBs and CAs)
    OR
    Can choose to fire on enemy transports during amphibious assault (1 die @ 1 on each)

Enemy support ships in an amphibious assault can target coastal guns INSTEAD of land forces

So the battle would go something like:

Assault support fire (target guns or land units)
    Coastal battery fires if still operational (target support ships or trans)
    Remove naval casualties and proceed with land combat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_artillery

• Sponsor

I hear what your saying about damaging coastal guns and bombardments targeting them, but I would never agree to a coastal gun targeting full defenseless transports. For historic reasons, they were too small and too fast. For game play reasons, more powerful coastal guns mean less amphibious assaults.

• Can they be taken out by a “Tall Boy”, dropped from a bomber on a roll of 1?  The “First” bunker buster!

• Sponsor

@Chiefredcoles38:

Can they be taken out by a “Tall Boy”, dropped from a bomber on a roll of 1?  The “First” bunker buster!

Yes…. and coastal guns in the UK can be taken out by V rockets, but only if they get by the spit fires and only in daylight hours, and V rockets fired at night, hit coastal guns @4 instead of @5… (Sorry for the sarcasm).

• Thats ok, that there was funny. :lol:

• Sponsor

@Chiefredcoles38:

Thats ok, that there was funny. :lol:

I liked your other pic better.

• How about this: Coastal guns cost 5 to build and can be placed on any coastal territory but cannot be moved. Limit of 1 gun per territory. Coastal guns fire at up to 3 surface ships during amphibious assaults, and a hit is scored on a roll of 1 (i.e. roll up to 3 dice like AA in alpha 3). Defender decides which ship(s) are lost. As usual, battleships and carriers can take 2 hits and transports are removed last (but before subs and planes).

Like other facilities, coastal guns can be attacked by strategic or tactical bombers with up to 6 damage. A grey chip is placed under the coastal gun for each damage unit and can be repaired during the purchase & repair units phase for 1IPC per damage.

• Sorry grasshopper I missed your long rule on the last page. No offense intended.  I think your idea is cool. Guns of Navarone!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m