Japan and German question for current game

• Question #1

I have four battleships and 6 transports built up near Germany, and killed off all of the British fleet it is about to be turn 4, and Britain has around 15 soldiers, 6 fighters, and Russian is on the eastern front pretty good.

How can I go about getting into Britain or should I use my transports bombard one of the Russia cities and push into Russia?

Question #2

I never played with Japan before, I goof’d hard with building a Major IC in the Chinese cities, and it is about to be conquered, what can I do to prolong a USA invasion? The 18 Russian troops up top are already all dead, and eastern russia is wide open.

• Sponsor

@AMIGOOFD:

Question #1

I have four battleships and 6 transports built up near Germany, and killed off all of the British fleet it is about to be turn 4, and Britain has around 15 soldiers, 6 fighters, and Russian is on the eastern front pretty good.

How can I go about getting into Britain or should I use my transports bombard one of the Russia cities and push into Russia?

Question #2

I never played with Japan before, I goof’d hard with building a Major IC in the Chinese cities, and it is about to be conquered, what can I do to prolong a USA invasion? The 18 Russian troops up top are already all dead, and eastern russia is wide open.

#1 If you have 4 Battleships for Germany before turn 4, that means you have spent almost every German dollar on Battleships over the course of 3 rounds. Therefore you are way behind in the necessary build up of land units (assuming you took care of France and Normandy) needed to deal with Russia, who will be entering the war this coming round. None the less, you won’t be able to capture London at this point with only 6 transports, so I would hit the Soviet Union with as much as you can.

#2 Building a Japanese Major IC on Chinese territories is against the rules. The only conceivable territory Japan can build a Major IC on is Korea (unless you are not playing Alfa +2 rules which I recommend). In any case, if eastern Russia is open, I suggest pounding it with all you can from Japan in a joint operation with Germany to weaken at least one of your foes. However, I fear it may be to late for that.

• All of Eastern Russia is wide open, as I killed those troops in NE Russia. I did not build just battleships, but transports and around 12 tanks.

Do you think I should just all out invade britain or russia?

• I think that Russia is going to invade you.

• Customizer

Wow, 4 battleships for Germany.  That sounds so cool, but I agree with Young Grasshopper, it sounds like you have left yourself very weak in other areas.  Still, I would love to see Germany with 4 battleships.  Of course, I have always been partial to the Bismarck.

As for attacking England, how much of your Luftwaffe do you still have.  With 6 transports you could hit England with 12 land units against Britains 15 infantry.  If you still have a lot of Luftwaffe to counter the 6 RAF planes, you could probably take England.  However, Captainhook is also right, Russia is probably getting ready to invade you.  Hope you got enough men to repel them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m