• I think building FTR for ITaly is going to give the most help to the London attack, Perhaps he will be needed to clear blockers on I2 or even as a defensive unit after the capture on I3.

I think Germ should send both the CA and BB to block and build a dd or perhaps 2.  It might be necessary then to put the fleet with CV in sz113 to stay safe from Allied air.  Germany’s objective is to block the relief of England, UK’s objective is to sink those TRNS!

Also, based on the results, provided UK can safeguard sz 106, wouldn’t it be better to build 1 trn in Canada, then he can bring 9ipcs of units over the next round.  Who cares if he dies at that point, he has increased your def of Britain.  Basically spending 7ipcs to bring in an inf/Arm.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think Italy leaving units in France to clear SZ 110 is a good idea.  I am not sure if blocking the British is necessary, however.  What can they realistically accomplish?

• To block or not to block, that is the question:

the advantages to blocking, you stand a good chance of depriving those troops in Africa from reaching UK.  You have a decent chance at shooting down a UK plane or 2 on the way over too.  However, the ships are really immaterial to Londons defense, and the aircraft can reach London whether you block or not, and if UK clears both sz’s in combat he can still get the trn troops to london.

On the other hand, what advantages do those Germ ships really provide, 2 shore bombards?  More likely they are used as blockers to keep UK from recapturing london anyways.  Either way a dd build here is needed.

• Customizer

Is there a G2 coming, or should I do it myself?

We’re only talking 1 Infantry, 1 AA Gun that you could, theoretically, block.

• right, 1 inf 1 arm, 5 defensive pips.  Perhaps its not worth it because those ships can account for 7 bombarding pips.  Best watch out for those UK ships though, he could possibly do something nasty with them…

• Customizer

@jim010:

• Well I’m just glad you guys waited until I woke up to continue, that way we can get input from me and others.  We are trying to put together the optimal offense and def on London correct?  Sorry I slept in, but I was working till 330am last night.:(

I think G2 should be 1 dd, as many trns as possible, and perhaps an art if theres enough left.  Move army to coast of Atlantic, and hopefully invade Scotland!

***second edit:
    Scotland doesn’t look safe at all though, Mostly because UK can counter with aircraft, 2 shore bombards and troops.  Perhaps leave 1 Germ CA off Gib?  Can the Germ fleet survive if it is 1 CV 2 ftr 1 BB?  Best army to land in Scotland is 5 inf aa gun.  If the fleet can be saved, then I think this is a good move, it draws UK attention and perhaps you get lucky and shoot down a ftr before the defense of London.

• Customizer

It is important to point out that we assumed the CA in sz91 died.  50% of the games it will be alive and the sb dead.  Something when considering sea attacks with the UK.

Also, Germany CANNOT stack in sz91.  It will be destroyed and it will not have cost me any planes to do it.

• Ah, I wasn’t thinking about the UK CA.  My Germ opening leaves it alone for better odds elsewhere.  I think the Germ fleet should build in 113 and move to East coast of scotland.

@jim010:

Fighter build for Italy

SS, DD, Fig, Tac to SZ 93
    2 Inf, 2 Art, Arm, Fig to S> Fra
    2 CA, BB, 8 Inf, Arm to Gre
    3 Inf, Art, Mi, Arm to Alex

Results:

Alex twol
    SZ 93 cleared with loss of submarine
    S. France taken with loss of infantry
    Greece taken with loss of infantry

Germany:

Buy(70)

• 4 Submarines
    • 3 Destroyers
    • 1 Airbase
    • Save 7

Combat Moves:

Infantry from Germany to England
    2 Infantry from W. Germany to England
    Artillery, 2 Armor from W. France to England
    Cruiser, Battleship, Fighter, Tactical, Carrier to SZ 110
    (Bombards if no Scramble)
    4 Fighters, 4 Tactical Bombers, Strategic from W. Germany to England
    Submarine from SZ 111 to SZ 104
    Submarine from SZ 91 to SZ 104

Assuming no Scramble:

England: Taken with Armor, 3 Fighters, 3 Tactical Bombers, Strategic Bomber
    SZ 104 cleared iwth submarine

Collect: 47 TT + 5 London + 5 Sweeden + 5 Russia + 7 Saved = 69 IPC

Operation Sea Lion - Success!  Oktoberfest held in July!!!

Germany2.AAM

Map edit to demonstrate NCMs on Eastern Front.

Germany2.AAM

• Customizer

Nice,

but the point is not to pat yourself on the back because you capitalized on an oversight, when I was very happy to let you fix yours.

Jimmy, I give up with Jenn, who doesn’t get it.  Let’s get a G1 opening, and come up with the best UK counter.

• Customizer

Jimmy,

Here’s what I do.  Hits everything that needs to be hit with odds greater than 80% in all but sz106.

G1.AAM

• What’s stopping Great Britain from building 2 carriers on turn 2? Coupled with the Mediterranean carrier, that makes a total of 3 carriers, 2 cruisers, a few destroyers, 7 fighters and 2 tactical bombers for the Germans to try blast through. There’s no way they can do that. The odds are against them, every time.

• Customizer

On UK 2 you mean?  Then there will be enough German ground units to take London, while the planes and fleet hit the blocking UK fleet.  In the previous scenario, 1 more fht needs to be left behind in London for a total of 5 to drop the G2 (which I didn’t bother to run odds on) to 40%.

Jenn didn’t turn on the AA gun.  She should have only survived with 3 units at 60%, not 8 units.  1 more plane on London shuts the door on it.  My mistake (but no one pointed it out either)

• Customizer

Let me run odds on it.

• Customizer

buy 1 CV, 1 DD, 1 CA?

can’t use 3 CVs - not enough planes to fill them all and have scrambles.  I prefer 2 more ships vs 1 extra CV.

Germany wins 77%

• Simulator Question:

What does the first “winning percentage” number represent?  I set a sub attacking against a transport and get 67/32/0.  What on earth, this should be 100% win.  Someone explain this thing to me.

@jim010:

Nice,

but the point is not to pat yourself on the back because you capitalized on an oversight, when I was very happy to let you fix yours.

Jimmy, I give up with Jenn, who doesn’t get it.  Let’s get a G1 opening, and come up with the best UK counter.

I used your map!  Was your map incorrect in some manner?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m