• New member have lurked for sometime thanks for your time reading this.

My question is pretty straight forward if an inf. has an attack value of 1 and an artil. has a 2/+1 to each accompanied inf. where is the real value of the extra ipc? I’m considering with a pressed attack eventually all the 1 value infs. will hit just the same as the 2 value artl. and 2 value accompanied infs.

Am I missing something or does the artillery simply expidite game speed when rolling on attacks?

• @Huckleberry:

New member have lurked for sometime thanks for your time reading this.

My question is pretty straight forward if an inf. has an attack value of 1 and an artil. has a 2/+1 to each accompanied inf. where is the real value of the extra ipc? I’m considering with a pressed attack eventually all the 1 value infs. will hit just the same as the 2 value artl. and 2 value accompanied infs.

Am I missing something or does the artillery simply expidite game speed when rolling on attacks?

It also allows you to save IPCs while buying units for offense. If you want to attack 1 inf:

3 inf = 3 attacking points, 3 units, for 9 IPC, 90% odds
    1 inf, 1 art = 4 attack, 2 units, 7 IPC, 89%
    1 inf, 1 arm = 4 attack, 2 units, 8 IPC, 91%

The +1 IPC in cost allows you to have the same striking power at a lower cost, although you’ll have less 1 unit. But that unit is usually destroyed in a counterattack and a lot of times you’ll need to squeeze the most out of every IPC.

• I’m pretty sure 1 ARM + 1INF has better odds than INF + ART Mr. Hobbes :)

Also, consider that in a large stack, the INF receiving the + 1 attack will always be the last to die, so it’s almost as effective as an artillery.

All in all, in a large stack INF+ART = INF+ARM, but at 1 less IPC. Bottom line, don’t buy them in bulk, but do throw one in the stack.

• @coorran:

I’m pretty sure 1 ARM + 1INF has better odds than INF + ART Mr. Hobbes :)

91% corrected, thanks for the notice

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m