Live and let live: Could it be? A British Anti-Sealion Strategy!

• Perhaps you should just get the carrier and cruiser over to SZ 91, then move all aircraft to London, then move the carrier and cruiser to a safer place, possibly towards South Africa.

• Then you could buy all your infantry at least the first round to be safe, and now you have the following for defense of London.

6 fighters
    1 tac bomber (unless you want to keep this in the African/Middle East theatre for a little punch.)
    4 infantry + Malta infantry & tank from Alexandria, unless once again you want these in Africa
    Possibly 1 infantry and 1 tank from Quebec
    9 infantry turn 1 buy

Thats going to make London really hard to take!

Another option is send carrier and cruiser up to SZ 106 as a consolidation point. If your transport and destroyer survived, you already have a little fleet in the Atlantic!

• The only problem I see is that in all my games the german player sends 1-3 subs after the Quebec destroyer, it never lives. As canada is easy to convoy.

• The more subs not used against the main fleet outside of Britain, the better.

• One thing I try to do as Germany is to attack that trn off Canada, I leave sz 109 alone. (it can be covered by 4 scrambling aircraft)

This does two things, it prevents the canadian armor from coming to UK, if UK wants to counter these subs they have to go way out to canada and any aircraft will not be able to return in time.  Also as Germany I would rather leave the trn alive off England than Canada.  Best case scenario UK weakens their london defense by pulling 2 units off!  I also hit the BB/DD so that UK is left with only 1 dd alive UK1.

I think the best way to counter sealion with UK is to purchase 2 CV’s UK2.  32 ipcs, which should be possible with UK’s income, combined with the Med fleet means that Germ cannot invade London, provided you can block off Scotland.

• That is exactly why I attack the Canadian tran/dest asw ell/ Summed up nice Jimmyhat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m