• Here there’s nothing to be done.

• '12

Really nice looking pieces, great work!

• '16 Customizer

Thanks man!

• I94 customer service is terrible. I emailed them for a week trying to give me better descriptions than country and scale. When they say 1/700 scale what are they comparing it to? When I asked for clarification they ignored me.

I painted my own roundels on the as well. They don’t look as nice as the decals, but I think they do look like they match better.

I also painted the bottom side of the planes, but no detail. If you dont then you can normally see where you stopped painting since the bottom of the planes are round.

• Awesome work ….got some ideas there for my  painted set :)

• '16 Customizer

I’m glad to hear it! Good luck.

• Customizer

Spitfire,

I really have to applaud you hand painting your markings. Doing research from other games that use larger scales of miniatures I found that at the tabletop level (i.e. small miniatures from 2-4 feet away) hand painting while not as precise looks even better than a close-up look at that table top level. I also thing that hand painting markings makes them that much more unique and amazing.

Either way I love what you’ve done.

• Nice work Spitfire….nicely done…you definitely have a great touch and good sense for color schemes. Once again nice job.

• '16 Customizer

@toblerone77:

Spitfire,

I really have to applaud you hand painting your markings. Doing research from other games that use larger scales of miniatures I found that at the tabletop level (i.e. small miniatures from 2-4 feet away) hand painting while not as precise looks even better than a close-up look at that table top level. I also thing that hand painting markings makes them that much more unique and amazing.

Either way I love what you’ve done.

@DTROY:

Nice work Spitfire….nicely done…you definitely have a great touch and good sense for color schemes. Once again nice job.

Thanks guys - I appreciate the compliments. I also prefer the uniformity and smoothness that hand painting gives.

Happy painting.

• @Spitfire38:

I have looked at I-94’s decals and thought about it… the only ones I have trouble with are the Russian stars. I enjoy hand painting the insignia and I feel like it makes it look more uniform when it’s all paint, but like you said, it would definitely save some time  :lol:

Well you could save some effort there as Moscow ordered upper wing stars to be painted out on the eve of the German invasion……plain green was also changed to green with a black disruptive camo pattern  http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/index.html

• '16 Customizer

@Albert:

@Spitfire38:

I have looked at I-94’s decals and thought about it… the only ones I have trouble with are the Russian stars. I enjoy hand painting the insignia and I feel like it makes it look more uniform when it’s all paint, but like you said, it would definitely save some time  :lol:

Well you could save some effort there as Moscow ordered upper wing stars to be painted out on the eve of the German invasion……plain green was also changed to green with a black disruptive camo pattern   http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/index.html

I didn’t know that they painted over the top-wing stars. Thanks for sharing! If I were to paint them again, I’d probably leave them on or use decals, just for easy recognition on the game board, but I like knowing what was historically accurate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m