• It seems like there is a general consensus on here that in order for the Axis to win, German must conduct a successful Sea-Lion.

I was wondering if someone who has used this strategy could post exactly what they did, specifically with regard to Germany.
    1. What did you buy the first few turns
    2. What round did you conduct Sea-Lion on
    3. When did you invade the Soviet Union?
    4. What general strategy do you do with Germany after successfully completing Sea-Lion (What is the key to beating Russia etc.)
    5. What is the general strategy for Italy?
    Your help would be much appreciated, and would probably be helpful to others as well.

• Answers below :

A : Turn 1(1 AC, 2 Trans). Turn 2(a whole lot of transports), enough to take the UK on a Turn 3 Sea Lion.

2. What round did you conduct Sea-Lion on - Invade Scotland Turn 2. Invade UK Turn 3.

3. When did you invade the Soviet Union? - Turn 3 or Turn 4

4. What general strategy do you do with Germany after successfully completing Sea-Lion (What is the key to beating Russia etc.)

A : I believe using a two prong attack(one up north, one down south). Building a major IC in Romania is important I feel as well.

A : Turn 1(Take Greece & S. Fr). Turn 2 moving forward, take Egy & N. Africa. Try to assist Germany w/Russia in the southern attack force.

• @sspanther

i think you missed one question… :D 6.) did the axis win? ;)

greetings

rock`n roll

• @SSPanther:

It seems like there is a general consensus …

Actually, no, there isn’t.

• @SSPanther:

It seems like there is a general consensus on here that in order for the Axis to win, German must conduct a successful Sea-Lion.

I was wondering if someone who has used this strategy could post exactly what they did, specifically with regard to Germany.
    2. What round did you conduct Sea-Lion on
    3. When did you invade the Soviet Union?
    Your help would be much appreciated, and would probably be helpful to others as well.

I have lost many games as the Axis attempting to take out Russia first.  I have now set my eyes on London and Operation Sea Lion.  I did win one game with Sea Lion

1. On my first German turn I bought 1 Carrier and 2 Transports.  On my second turn I built 10 ten transports.

2. I conducted a successful Operation Sea Lion on my 3rd German turn.

3. I stayed out of war with them until they attacked me on their fourth turn.

4. I used my IPC advantage to try and produce a combination of Units to destroy the main Russian Army.

5. For Italy the game I played they were able to secure Africa with London knocked out then they helped in Russia with Mechs and Tanks/Planes.  The germans were moving in mainly with Inf/Art.

6. Don’t forget Japan!!!  I am not entirely sure what is best to do with them in a Sea Lion game but I know they are super important.  If Germany can take London and then Japan can tie up the USA up long enough I believe the Axis can win.  If Japan does not put pressure on the USA to spend in the Pacific in some fashion then the USA can liberate London before Russia is dead.

• I agree with Frank T and Brado… but I build 7 more transport during G2 (which brings them to a total of 10). Italy must focus on Egypt at first (taken at I2) and then hold strong Gibraltar to sceal Med Sea and US footstep to Europe.

Battle for Russia will be long and with a slow start, but will succeed. You have to cause many frontline… and Japan should attack Russia the very first turn.

@ Rock’n Roll : Yes, I won 4 times here…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m