• I havbeen playing Battle of the Bulge a lot recently and in the past 3 games, the allies have won! In one of the games, the germans had 23 VP’s of the 24 needed. The allies massed their forces in verviers and on turn 4, they launched an all out assult on Eupen, and the hexes adjacent to it. It crushed the German advance by flanking them and cutting them off from their supplies! So I have a question, why do the Germans lose just by having one or 2 spots in the line be broken into? I thank anyone who answers this in advance.

• You said it yourself. In the North around Eupen if the Allies can push the line even a little they can cut the main East West road of the board effectively hampering the Axis advance.

The distance an advance can cover is not limited by the distance the spearhead of the army can acheive but by how far the support, food and ammo and fuel, can go.

Your poll does not include, “Create defense with depth, balancing stalling the enemy and unit conservation, until you can bring your superior air power to bear.”

• That is because the allies do not NEED air power to win; it just helps make it a lot easier. Also, having depth is a good strategy, if you can build up a large army 2 or 3 hexes behind the front line, you can counter-attack and destroy the enemy army in one fell swoop. I do see where having depth is important though and I will use it the next time I play.

• Spam not dead.

• spam dead

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m