attack karelia with 3inf art 4fighter and cruiser shot
odds 91% in dice, low luck its 100%
Upper 25% result - Lose 1 infantry, 1 fighter
Median result - Lose 3 infantry, 1 fighter
Bottom 25% result - Lose 3 infantry, 2 fighters
So if you get “seriously unlucky”, you might lose all your ground units and a couple of planes and not even take Karelia.
attack egypt with 2inf art 2tank bmb
odds 75win, 82% draw, if england rolls good round 1 retreat
attack zone 6 with sub
40% chance you win, 40% chance you lose, 20% chance you both lose boat. Â This is one of the things you’re giving up with your Karelia attack. Â Using a fighter makes it highly unlikely the UK destroyer survives.
attack zone 9 two subs
40.7% chance you sink them both, 57% chance you lose both subs and the cruiser (or both) survives, 23.6% chance that you lose both subs and sink nothing at all.
attack baltic 3inf,art,tnk
attack EP inf,3tnk
OK…. but you could lose 3 tanks this way after the counterattack…
attack ukraine 3inf,art,2,tnk
If you get seruis unlucky just pull out, no problem.
Depending on how unlucky and where and how many battles you lose, you could have huge problems. Â It is pretty likely the UK will have a battleship, cruiser, destroyer, and 2 transports to start with (could have 3 destroyers if you are unlucky). Â AA could shoot down a plane or 2 in Karelia, and/or you could lose a plane or two trying to take the territory.
This is a very aggressive and risky opening - not just for the G1 dice you will roll, but it’s also risky because you’re likely leaving the UK with too many starting ships. Â Anyway, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone try attacking Karelia on G1, and definitely not Karelia and Egypt at the same time….
Again, you would “look like a genius” if you get good dice, and like a greedy novice if you don’t. Â