2 turn production - capital ships

• What do you think of capital ships like the battleship take 2 turns to produce?

I don’t necessarily see the logic in it. The amount of transports needed to carry 2 armies might not require all the intricate construction of a small fleet of battleships, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t take just as much time…

GG

• @Guerrilla:

I don’t necessarily see the logic in it. The amount of transports needed to carry 2 armies might not require all the intricate construction of a small fleet of battleships, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t take just as much time…

GG

I just gave this suggestion because in many games I played, battleships take much more time to produce then other units

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

hmm, Nah.  Mind you… that would mess with Aircraft carriers…

I dunno…  could be interesting.

• Customizer

I understand where you are coming from.  Capital ships take 2 hits to sink, so they take 2 turns to build, right?  I do see the logic but I have to disagree with this idea.  Aside from Major ICs (30), Battleships (20) and Carriers (16) are already the most expensive units in the game.  Plus, if you add the planes for the carrier, 2 fighters (20), that brings Carriers up to 36, making them the most expensive units in the game.  Yeah, I know I’m talking about 3 units, but really what good is a carrier without some planes on it?
    I just think they are a big enough investment in IPCs already so you shouldn’t also have to invest 2 turns to get one.

• @knp7765:

I understand where you are coming from.  Capital ships take 2 hits to sink, so they take 2 turns to build, right?  I do see the logic but I have to disagree with this idea.  Aside from Major ICs (30), Battleships (20) and Carriers (16) are already the most expensive units in the game.  Plus, if you add the planes for the carrier, 2 fighters (20), that brings Carriers up to 36, making them the most expensive units in the game.  Yeah, I know I’m talking about 3 units, but really what good is a carrier without some planes on it?
    I just think they are a big enough investment in IPCs already so you shouldn’t also have to invest 2 turns to get one.

I agree with you, and yes that was what I was thinking of

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m