What Primer is used for prep of AA units?

• Gents, I am clueless as to what primer those of you who paint AA units use.  I have never used a primer before on any models or minatures.  Brand and type, spray or paint is fine.  Thank You

• Krylon white primer. Make sure to cover the pieces fully in it, then apply the coat(s) of paint. It works well for me.

• De Gaulle, excellent, Coach suggested Krylon too, so that is what I will use. Cheers

• @WARRIOR888:

De Gaulle, excellent, Coach suggested Krylon too, so that is what I will use. Cheers

One more quick tip … do several LIGHT coats, waiting for it to dry completely between coats, rather than one or two heavy coats for best effect!

You want your pieces covered 100% (or near to it) but if you use too much each time it will run/clump up.

Same thing if you are using a solid spray color on top of the primer.  Several light coats is best (Krylon FUSION works best as well).

• Rorschach, Thank You for the priming tips. I stated I was clueless on this but now because of your post and several others I have what i need tp proceed with my painting campaign.  Cheers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m