Alternate German Roundels for A&A and other WW2 games.

• Customizer

Hello All.  A while back, there was some discussion on the HBG thread about what kind of roundels he would come up with.  A number of members expressed interest in a German roundels depicting the swastika.  First of all, let me just say that I know many people do not like the swastika and I respect their beliefs.  IF you are someone that is offended by seeing a swastika, then this thread is not for you.  Please do not post here saying what an evil symbol it is or how bad the Nazis were.  I know all of that and really don’t need your lectures.
    This thread is for any members that are interested in obtaining German/Nazi swastika roundels.  Another member, alphacentaurus, was nice enough to put up a template of 24 different roundels and included the Nazi symbol in one of them.  I downloaded that template and managed to create my own template of 24 Nazi roundels.  I then printed them out using the highest quality setting on my printer onto some self-adhesive label paper.  I stuck that to some cardboard stock, covered it with laminating plastic to protect the ink and used a steel hollow punch to punch them out.
    I have two styles available:  small image and large image. 
    The small image has the entire red border with a circle of white around the edge.
    The large image has just a bit of the red border at the very edge of the roundel.  This is due to the original image being 2 cm which is too large for the roundels which are 1.85 cm, or 3/4 inch.
    In the pictures below, the first simply shows both styles of roundels.  The second is my roundels next to roundels from HBG and WOTC.  I feel that my roundels are comparable to both HBG and WOTC in quality, or at least very close for a home-made product.
    The third picture shows a random sampling of both styles.  You might notice that a few of them are a little off-center.  I included this pic so no one will be surprised thinking all will be perfect.  While I tried very hard to get each roundel centered correctly, some of them got a little bit off-centered.  It’s not drastically off and doesn’t mess up the image (I wouldn’t sell any that were off that badly), I just want any potential buyer to be aware.  Most of them will not even be noticable.
    I am asking $4.00 for a set of 24 roundels, plus $2.70 for shipping First Class Mail.  That shipping cost will stay the same for more than one set as these are pretty light weight.  I will ship them in a padded envelope.  If anyone is interested, just e-mail me at knp7765@sbcglobal.net and tell me which style you want and how many sets.  Then I will give you my Paypal address and we can go from there.  I think you will be happy with these if this is what you are looking for.
    Nazi Roundels 2-sm.JPG
    Nazi Roundels 3-sm.JPG
    Nazi Roundels 4-sm.JPG

• @knp7765:

Hello All.  A while back, there was some discussion on the HBG thread about what kind of roundels he would come up with.  A number of members expressed interest in a German roundels depicting the swastika.  First of all, let me just say that I know many people do not like the swastika and I respect their beliefs.  IF you are someone that is offended by seeing a swastika, then this thread is not for you.  Please do not post here saying what an evil symbol it is or how bad the Nazis were.  I know all of that and really don’t need your lectures.
    This thread is for any members that are interested in obtaining German/Nazi swastika roundels.  Another member, alphacentaurus, was nice enough to put up a template of 24 different roundels and included the Nazi symbol in one of them.  I downloaded that template and managed to create my own template of 24 Nazi roundels.  I then printed them out using the highest quality setting on my printer onto some self-adhesive label paper.  I stuck that to some cardboard stock, covered it with laminating plastic to protect the ink and used a steel hollow punch to punch them out.
    I have two styles available:  small image and large image. 
    The small image has the entire red border with a circle of white around the edge.
    The large image has just a bit of the red border at the very edge of the roundel.  This is due to the original image being 2 cm which is too large for the roundels which are 1.85 cm, or 3/4 inch.
    In the pictures below, the first simply shows both styles of roundels.  The second is my roundels next to roundels from HBG and WOTC.  I feel that my roundels are comparable to both HBG and WOTC in quality, or at least very close for a home-made product.
    The third picture shows a random sampling of both styles.  You might notice that a few of them are a little off-center.  I included this pic so no one will be surprised thinking all will be perfect.  While I tried very hard to get each roundel centered correctly, some of them got a little bit off-centered.  It’s not drastically off and doesn’t mess up the image (I wouldn’t sell any that were off that badly), I just want any potential buyer to be aware.  Most of them will not even be noticable.
    I am asking $4.00 for a set of 24 roundels, plus $2.70 for shipping First Class Mail.  That shipping cost will stay the same for more than one set as these are pretty light weight.  I will ship them in a padded envelope.  If anyone is interested, just e-mail me at knp7765@sbcglobal.net and tell me which style you want and how many sets.  Then I will give you my Paypal address and we can go from there.  I think you will be happy with these if this is what you are looking for.

Those seem very interesting but I think the regular ones are good enought

• Customizer

@12doze12:

Those seem very interesting but I think the regular ones are good enought

Yeah, I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.  It’s just that when this discussion came up a while back on HBG’s thread, there were a few that seemed interested and when I figured out how to make these for myself, I just wanted to make them available to those out there that did want them.  Thanks for looking.

• Knp I mentioned it to you in a personal e-mail. Red Star with dark green background for Russia. Just a thought.

• If anybody wants these KNP is all over it. I ordered and he shipped the next day. When I get them I will post on the quality which I have no doubt will be high.

• Got the roundels today. If anybody wants these I can assure you KNP did a nice job.

• @GoSanchez6:

Got the roundels today. If anybody wants these I can assure you KNP did a nice job.

Post some pics please

• Hey 12doze I am not good at posting pictures so I will let you know that they have a black bottom and are as thick as the europe 40 roundels. Knp I think did a nice job on these.

• @GoSanchez6:

Hey 12doze I am not good at posting pictures so I will let you know that they have a black bottom and are as thick as the europe 40 roundels. Knp I think did a nice job on these.

Just take pics  with your phone and put them in your computer, then upload them in a storage site and post here

• 12 doze the pictures KNP has up are as good as anything I can put up there. they are the same thickness as europe40 and they are the right size. I think 2 sets cost me about 11 bucks. If you want them doze they are worth it.

• @GoSanchez6:

12 doze the pictures KNP has up are as good as anything I can put up there. they are the same thickness as europe40 and they are the right size. I think 2 sets cost me about 11 bucks. If you want them doze they are worth it.

But I would like to see them in the map … xD

• Customizer

Hey 12doze12,
    Here is a little sample pic I took when I first made some of these roundels.  I was using the smaller image roundels at the time.

Nazi roundels on board-sm.JPG

• @knp7765:

Hey 12doze12,
    Here is a little sample pic I took when I first made some of these roundels.  I was using the smaller image roundels at the time.

Those look really good in the map but they are a bit weird compared to the other nation roundels maybe because of the color

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m