• You have to ask for the maximum Mil plastic thickness.

They come in different weights, and you probably got the thin stuff. The thicker stuff is about 24-32 weight. You can also print them on mouse-pad material ( online printers, not fracking kinkos)

goto AAA.flag and banner.com

• You have to use the maximum thickness for printing on that material about 24-32 weight.

You can also print on a mouse-pad material which is really thick

look up AAA dot flag and banner dot com for info

• '10

@Imperious:

You have to use the maximum thickness for printing on that material about 24-32 weight.

You can also print on a mouse-pad material which is really thick

look up AAA dot flag and banner dot com for info

I went to 5 different print shops in my area to check out the printing material and I thought the decolit was the best.  Thicker material was available but it would have to be a custom order and at higher cost.  I also found similar material that was thicker but thought the surface material was a little bit more coarse.

Over all I’m very please with what I got.  I would have like something more thicker but as long as I use it on a table it’s just fine.

By the way, is this what you were talking about? http://www.aaaflag.com/

• yea them

• NEVER USE PLASTIC MARKERS!!! :)  I live by the motto.  I printed This map its so massive and amazing and i went a little over kill but bought 3 1942 Spring, 1940 Europe/Pacific and have everything i need.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

I scanned my revised board, enlarged and printed it out, it measures over 5foot by 3, i also enjoyed big world on triplea so i made my own and printed it as well. I stuck them down on each side of a large sheet of cardboard and covered with clear contact. No more knocking over units in tight territories. Have pics in my mediafire account but am not allowed to post on here as yet.

• Another solution
    I bought a 4 x 8 world map. Cost $85
    I glued it on 4 x 8 (5/8 plywood). Cost $20
    Repainted the border for WWII situation -1939,40,41 or 42. (Time = between 4 and 6 hours)
    Cover the the map with styrene .040 or .060  (Cost $20)

I also used old Kitchen table legs that I can remove anytime I want. (Cost = 0)

• Sponsor

I was on here a while ago and someone cutup, scanned, enlarged and posted a 1940 global map. I remember that he correctly connected the Amur border with SZ#5, he greatly enhanced the convoy and kamikaze symbols for better visability, and he gave the enclosed Russian body of water a SZ#. I wanted to download his work but I was distracted and I lost his post. Anyone know the map or artist I’m talking about, and what threat I might find his work?

• '10

For some reason he wrote to wizards of the coast to ask permission to post it. They denied, so he chose not to post it. It’s a shame, it looked really great.

Here’s the thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22238.0

• Sponsor

@Sime:

For some reason he wrote to wizards of the coast to ask permission to post it. They denied, so he chose not to post it. It’s a shame, it looked really great.

Here’s the thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22238.0

Thank you very much for guiding me there. Sucks to get posts deleted (same thing happened to me with my much improved handbook, something about copy-write or something)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m