• I am just starting out playing Global 1940 and had a question regarding National Objectives
    I will use USSR for an example: The USSR collects 37 IPC’s to start the game, One of the NO’s states for the USSR

Collect 5 IPCs if sea zone 125 is free of Axis Warships. Archangel is controlled by the Soviet Union, and there are no units belonging to any other Allied powers present in any territories originally controlled by the Soviet Union.

When the Soviets have turn 1 (assuming the conditions above are met) do they add 5 IPC making a starting income of 42? Or reversed if the above NO is not met, (say germany has a sub in sz 125) do the Soviets start at 32 IPC?  I am confused as to wether the NO is built into the 37 IPC’s……Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

• Most NO’s only occur when the nation is at war, so unless Germany attacked Russia on G1 you would not collect the NO income on your first turn.

• @crenk:

When the Soviets have turn 1 (assuming the conditions above are met) do they add 5 IPC making a starting income of 42? Or reversed if the above NO is not met, (say germany has a sub in sz 125) do the Soviets start at 32 IPC?   I am confused as to wether the NO is built into the 37 IPC’s……Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

NOs give you extra income during the Collect Income phase. Regarding your example, if Russia was at war with Germany and the above conditions were met (no Axis warships on SZ125, no Allied units on Soviet land, and Archangel in their possession) then you’d add 5 IPCs to the income you collect from your territories.

• @Hobbes:

Oh, and submarines are not considered warships.

I’m not so sure about this. For this NO, does a submarine prevent it?

• Hobbes, I believe you’re incorrect on the sub thing. Subs are considered warships, just not surface warships. So, a sub in SZ125 does prevent Russia from getting that NO.

• Yes, and all the NO’s list when they come into effect, is the first line after the national header.

• @Commando:

Hobbes, I believe you’re incorrect on the sub thing. Subs are considered warships, just not surface warships. So, a sub in SZ125 does prevent Russia from getting that NO.

Ah. Sorry about that. Fixed. Thanks

• Customizer

@crenk:

When the Soviets have turn 1 (assuming the conditions above are met) do they add 5 IPC making a starting income of 42? Or reversed if the above NO is not met, (say germany has a sub in sz 125) do the Soviets start at 32 IPC?  I am confused as to wether the NO is built into the 37 IPC’s……Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

By the way, Russia’s starting income of 37 IPCs is all from their territories.  The 5 IPC NO, when the conditions are met, would be added to that income.  It’s the same for all nations.  Wherever their marker is on the National Production Chart is strictly territorial income.  Any NO income is added to that amount.

• he is including the money from siberia which is correct in the global game.  Also russia and the United States do not recieve their NO unless they are at war with a major power ie germany italy or japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m