• So my friends and I have a tradition of playing axis and allies every weekend. We just recently all bought the global game and have found that for us, whoever is germany always hits russia right off the bat and we havent been able to find a realistic counter for this. I don’t like the idea of just falling back to moscow. Any suggestions? or any ideas on how the other allies should effectivly help russia?

• Uh, buy infantry, stall?  You’re probably gonna get pushed back to Moscow, depending on what the US does.

• infantry infantry infantry and a few tanks here or there. your primary goal is trading space for time. if germany is weak somewhere, by all means hit it if you can spare the units, if not beef up right there so its a b*tch to take. only when you have defeated germany in open battle and there is a pause in the action, then consider buying offensive units. just how i play it, do what ever works for you

• Exactly what Polo Player said. Usually Germany doesn’t hit Russia until at least Turn 2. I would buy either :

• 9 Inf, 1 Mech, 1 Tank every turn or
    • 12 Inf, save 1 IPC every turn or combination of both

You can always buy 8 Inf, 2 Tanks or 9 Inf, 2 Art every turn but I would recommend building at least 9 Inf every turn so soak off losses. I like the 9 Inf, 1 Mech, 1 Tank every turn as it gives you a lil more mobility and a lil firepower if you need it w/your fast movers but you need at least 9 Inf every turn. Remember, your Inf are @ 2, instead of most of Germany’s Inf firing @ 1.

• Even maximizing inf purchases, Russia is pretty easy to take when you threaten Sea Lion but use the Transports for Barbarossa instead. Caveats are the UK navy is either wiped out or neutralized.

• @Commando:

Exactly what Polo Player said. Usually Germany doesn’t hit Russia until at least Turn 2. I would buy either :

You can always buy 8 Inf, 2 Tanks or 9 Inf, 2 Art every turn but I would recommend building at least 9 Inf every turn so soak off losses. I like the 9 Inf, 1 Mech, 1 Tank every turn as it gives you a lil more mobility and a lil firepower if you need it w/your fast movers but you need at least 9 Inf every turn. Remember, your Inf are @ 2, instead of most of Germany’s Inf firing @ 1.

why mechs?

• '12

@ghr2:

@Commando:

Exactly what Polo Player said. Usually Germany doesn’t hit Russia until at least Turn 2. I would buy either :

why mechs?

They get to the front faster.

• Germany is far stronger than USSR to start off. Russias only hope is to stock up on infantry and avoid directly confronting any major German force. For Russia mechs and tanks are useful because if placed right they can attack anywhere on the German front. This can help Russia to delay Germany until it has the strength or the help to go on the offensive.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m