• Does anyone know if there are any issues with intergrating weapon development back into Spring 1942?

I was thinking of just using the standard revised rulebook found on the axis and allies website.

• There are techs in spring 1942, but most people don’t use them. Bishops with swords, anybody…?  :-D

• '16 '15 '10

Officially, Spring 42 didn’t come with tech.  I think you could use either Revised or AA50 tech systems and it would work well enough.

TripleA’s version should give people the choice of either AA50 and the Revised techs as an option–tech lovers would dig that.

• @Zhukov44:

Officially, Spring 42 didn’t come with tech.  I think you could use either Revised or AA50 tech systems and it would work well enough.

TripleA’s version should give people the choice of either AA50 and the Revised techs as an option–tech lovers would dig that.

Correct me if I am wrong but I really think there is as much as a dozen of techs in Spring 1942. You buy tech development tokens for 5 IPCs. And a token equals to a roll of dice. You can buy tokens for either land/production or naval/air developments. Then you say which kind of tech you would like trying to develop, you exchange your tokens for dice, you roll and you are either lucky or you have just given your opo bid of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25  :-o.

So you better be sure your tech would inflict more demage before the game is over…  :-D

• @Granada:

@Zhukov44:

Correct me if I am wrong but I really think there is as much as a dozen of techs in Spring 1942. You buy tech development tokens for 5 IPCs. And a token equals to a roll of dice. You can buy tokens for either land/production or naval/air developments. Then you say which kind of tech you would like trying to develop, you exchange your tokens for dice, you roll and you are either lucky or you have just given your opo bid of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25  :-o.

So you better be sure your tech would inflict more demage before the game is over…  :-D

Zhukov is right, the board game does not have tech. TripleA has it because it was simple to implement the tech model by the developers.

• I see, thanks for correcting me. I do not have the game here with me, and I could not find the rules on the net so that I could not double check.

• @legofiddl3:

Does anyone know if there are any issues with intergrating weapon development back into Spring 1942?

I was thinking of just using the standard revised rulebook found on the axis and allies website.

You can use these, from AA50 for AA42:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56883/tech-chart-and-rules-1942-v-1-4

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56867/tech-tokens-for-aa-1942-and-other-aa-versions-v-1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m